Advertisements
Advertisements
It was mentioned on another post that some birthparents have their birthchildren as beneficiaries (sp?) on their life insurance.
Does anyone feel strongly for or against this?
Leigh
Well, I hadn't even really thought of this option, but it's something to think about for when I do get life insurance. I don't have any at the moment.
I think I like the idea of putting them as beneficiaries on my life insurance in the future though. Of course, I'd have to talk to each of my girls parents before I did anything, if I did decide to do that for sure in the future.
Advertisements
[font=Comic Sans MS]I asked L about added J as a ben. to my plan and she said it was fine with her. Found out recently that the bdad added J to both of his life insurance policies.[/font]
FH-SchmennaLeigh
I feel strongly for it, obviously, since my birthdaughter is a beneficiary. Of course, I asked J&D before doing so. Ah, communication. ;)
PS - You can use my name. ;) Linking to a thread also helps with the coherence so that things aren't taken out of context. :) I like my name! :) *giggles*
Me too - same situation except mine is my pension, approved by aparents first. You can use my name too. :D
I am lucky to have a great union who has fought for us to have great benefits. I don't have Thomas as my beneficiary to my life insurance, just my husband, honestly I never thought about it until I had to pick someone other than my husband (who is automaticly a beneficiary) to also receive my pension should I die. I should call the benefits office and add Thomas onto my life insurance.
Advertisements
Honestly, I hope Munchkin never receives my life insurance. Because then I'd be dead. And that's not cool.
Yeah, we're unionless. Thankfully, my health insurance comes through Josh (fire department; city has great benefits). Otherwise, that pregnancy and delivery would have just been FAR more expensive.
I would possiably if I had a better life insurance policy:( ....right now I only have like $10,000. And that currently goes to my husband to take care of things if anything should happen to me. I never really thought about it though. I actually have a huge inhertince (sp?) that I don't want coming to me someday. I wasn't sure what I would do with it, I suppose I could leave it to my bdaughter.
see guys, this is where my lack of computer savy comes in...I don't know HOW to link to another thread..lol so if someone else wants to link it, great!
Sorry I didnt mention your names...i didnt want to sound like "Schmenna leigh is doing this, does anyone want to tell her she's wrong?" (who would be stupid enough to say THAT? :evilgrin: )
The reason I started the thread, is that I didnt want to side track that one. I had actually never really thought about such a thing, and it occured to me that some people may have strong feelings (either way)regarding the matter.
Leigh
Advertisements
Can a child only recieve one persons life insurance?
I'm just asking because yeah...being in the military we have a much larger life insurance policy than I'm sure her bmom could ever get.
If something happened and my child couldn't get the benenfits of our policy as well...then I'd be pretty upset!!!
I don't know....that's why I asked!!! I would assume a child could get multiple life insurance...but I just don't know.!!!
No. You can't only get one person's life insurance. Unless you're murdering people for their life insurance and then karma will catch up with you.
You can get your brothers, your sisters, your Moms, and your next door neighbors if they all list you as a beneficiary.
Advertisements
I think this matter will have different emotions depending on where you are in your relationship.
Since most of us here have open adoptions, it's not really much to think about. I was surprised only because I had never thought of it...but if I found out that T had M listed, I would not feel weird or upset by it. If she had other children...i think I might feel terribly guilty. I would also worry if they would feel they were taken from.
What about the parents of children in closed adoptions? Or open ones that turned sour.We've all heard stories where the aparent is not comfortable with the bparent having anything to do with their child. What would they think about hearing their child is a beneficiary(since closed, I'm assuming after the fact)? Would they feel threatened?
Leigh
*nods* I don't think Nick will feel taken from. Honestly, even though Munchkin is listed as a beneficiary, Josh and Nick get the majority. (I mean, Josh has to pay for the funeral and any leftover bills; student loans, car, etc). Josh and I have decided that Nick's money goes towards his college fund. Again, hopefull none of this will ever be an issue, but I will do my best to make sure that Nick knows that I was just making sure Munchkin knew she was a priority in my life, even in death.