Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone know if there is a birth index for Washington DC? I was born in 1964; I don't know what hospital (adoption ageny says that is identifying information) but my amended birth certificate does list a doctors name. Is there a way to find out hospitals that were in the DC area in 1964 and/ or what doctors worked at those hospitals? Any help/ response would be appreciated. I have come to a dead end!
Were you born in the District? I see you've had some posts linked to North Carolina.....? Were you born in DC, and adopted in NC?
I have some resources for searching DC that might be of help. If you'd like them- let me know and I'll pass them on to you.
Advertisements
Yes, I was born in DC but adopted in North Carolina. Not sure how I got from DC to NC but was told my birth mother was probably from NC. Any resources, information you have would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure what to do next. Thanks so much for your reply!
Hey, I, too, was born in DC and adopted in NC. I wonder if the adoption place (Greensboro, in my case) just had a "channel" to DC and got a lot of babies from there?
To mn125--I'd LOVE the info you have on DC births, since I do not have a doctor's name, nor anything else!
Thanks!
kmpintj:thankyou:
my best friend's brother was born in washington dc in 1963 at freeman's or freedman's hospital around april,may,june or even july. anyone with info on how i can help her find him.please let me know...thanks so much
I was a North Carolina birthmother who left town and went to stay in Florence Crittenton Home in Washington, DC. I stayed there until I was ready to deliver and was then sent to George Washington Univ. Hospital where most of the FCH births took place. After 10 days my baby was put on a plane with my social worker and sent back to Greensboro, NC to the adoption agency to await adoption. He was in his adoptive home within 2 months of getting back to NC and his adoption was final a year after. I have all records with the exception of those from FCH.
J
Advertisements
mn125
Were you born in the District? I see you've had some posts linked to North Carolina.....? Were you born in DC, and adopted in NC?
I have some resources for searching DC that might be of help. If you'd like them- let me know and I'll pass them on to you.
Would you mind letting me know of your resources? I was born in DC '57, adopted in VA '58/'59...and am unable to get any info but the very few pages I have (ie. lawyer bill, etc)....
I hope you don't mind me asking....thanks for listening
Here are the forms required to petition. [url]http://www.dccourts.gov/internet/documents/FCbreakSealForm.pdf[/url]