Advertisements
Advertisements
My son is turning 3 at the end of June. We are at the stage where he pees without fail when I take him to toliet. He knows that he will get an M&M when he goes.
Here's some background:
He is in preschool during the day where he wears pullups. When he comes home he wears the vinyl waterproof training pants. He WILL NOT ask to go to the toilet. When he has accidents I take him to the toilet and tell him we don't pee in the underwear, but in the toilet. And I ask him if he wants to wear the wet underwear. He becomes unhappy and says no I want dry underwear.
So I know he understands the difference between wet and dry and that he prefers the dry, but I don't know how to get him to ask to go.
Is it that he still wears the pullups in school? I was thinking of putting a stop to that and having him wear the vinyls to school. But I'm afraid he'll be wet all the time because he doesn't ask to go.
What should I do? How can I get him to ask? Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks,
Ninel
Does he use the toilet in school, or just go in his pants? If he is able to just go in his pants at school then I am sure he is getting confused as to why it is okay in one setting, yet not in the other. Our friends had this issue with their middle son when he was in daycare. The daycare provider refused to help with potty training because she felt she had too many children to focus on, so once the parents would leave she would take the boy out of training pants and put him back in diapers. The parents could not figure out why he kept wetting himself, until they showed up early one day and found their son in a diaper. They ended up switching providers so that he could have stable training no matter where he was.
If you are worried about him having accidents in school pack some extra pants with him so that if it happens he will have something dry to change into, but I would use the same methods both at home and at school.
[url=http://stepparent.adoptionblogs.com]Stepparent Adoption Blog[/url]
Advertisements
I just saw this question regarding not asking to go pee. My daughter, who just turned 3 last week, does the exact same thing. She will pee every time I put her on the toilet, but she will never ask to go pee, and will pee in her pull-up, diaper, or panties if I don't remind her to go on the potty. She has never said "I need to go Pee". I wondered if this has resolved itself with your son and if so, how did it come about?
Castle was three in May and it seems like overnight she just started going potty without being ask, just in the last week or so. I DO NOT allow pullups except at night when she goes to bed, otherwise she wore cloth training pants with plastic pants over the top~which by the way is very hot and her panties would sometimes feel wet from sweating. Now she just wears the cute little girl panties. I think pullups are by far the worst invention ever!
Yes, I agree... Pull Ups are evil... when I quit using them my children trained so much faster because they hated feeling wet (or at least my girls did, my son couldn't have cared less, LOL).
Audrey