Advertisements
Advertisements
posh
Hi everyone,
I need to ask for prayers. My dh and I have thought alot about adopting. We made the decision to go ahead in the fall. I want to do what I feel God wants me to do but at this point I am not sure what that is. I felt led to adopt but now I am questioning whether we should or not. I still have time to pray about it. I know it is a very big decision to make at our ages. I am 49 dh is 53. I know that some do not agree with older people adopting and how old we will be when the child grows up and all of that. I know that we can't go out and do some of the things little kids might like to do but we do have alot of love to share with a little one. I think that counts for something right? Anyway what I need are prayers that God will have us do what He wants us to do. thanks.
If you felt led to adoption, continue on that path!! Do not let anyone else talk you down or out of it. These children NEED parents (regardless of your age).
I was 38 when my daughter was born. She was adopted at birth through an inter state open adoption plan. I had a few family members tell me I am too old to adopt and why should I have a second child.
If I had listened to them, I wouldn't be with the most wonderful daughter who has blessed my life in so many ways. She is now 6, and I couldn't imagine being without her!!! :love:
Advertisements
Your comments resonate with me. I am 45 and my husband is 43. We have just been notified of an adoption opportunity. We started this process 5 years ago after miscarriages. We have had several opportunities fall through and now we feel conflicted:Are we too old? Do we still want this? What about 5 years from now? At 50 I'd be heading to kindergarten with a little one. Is that right for both of us???
Your comments resonate with me. I am 45 and my husband is 43. We have just been notified of an adoption opportunity. We started this process 5 years ago after miscarriages. We have had several opportunities fall through and now we feel conflicted:Are we too old? Do we still want this? What about 5 years from now? At 50 I'd be heading to kindergarten with a little one. Is that right for both of us???
Our situation is a little different. We recently adopted Nov. 05. I am 46 and my husband is only 35. However I stay at home with our daughter and am the primary care giver. Being a Mom can sometimes be very draining on me, some days or moments can be very difficult, on the other hand the joy and wonder of this beautiful little girl in our lives is tremendous.
[url=http://www.afformula.com/]AF Formula™ – Asian Flush Cure. Treatment for Alcohol Flush Reaction[/url]
Bless you my dear, as the lady said I'd only worry about their ages. I had my second daughter at 44, a real blessing for sure. She's so wonderful, I love her with all my heart. Yes you can still parent just fine maybe even better than when you were the first time. You are older and wiser, give it a go, you'll do fine.
[url=http://www.afformula.com/]AF Formula™ – Asian Flush Cure. Treatment for Alcohol Flush Reaction[/url]
Advertisements
posh
Hi everyone,
I need to ask for prayers. My dh and I have thought alot about adopting. We made the decision to go ahead in the fall. I want to do what I feel God wants me to do but at this point I am not sure what that is. I felt led to adopt but now I am questioning whether we should or not. I still have time to pray about it. I know it is a very big decision to make at our ages. I am 49 dh is 53. I know that some do not agree with older people adopting and how old we will be when the child grows up and all of that. I know that we can't go out and do some of the things little kids might like to do but we do have alot of love to share with a little one. I think that counts for something right? Anyway what I need are prayers that God will have us do what He wants us to do. thanks.
My husband and I also adopted when we were older. When we were first married we agreed that we would have two children of our own and then adopt. However, our first children were grown and out of the house when I felt God nudging us to adopt. "YOU PROMISED TO ADOPT" was a whisper I could not avoid any longer. So already in our mid sixties we began our search for our son. We found him in Texas just 5.5 months before he would have aged out of the foster system. It was a wild and wonderful roller coaster ride for us. But worth every minute. Even with developmental delays, Brandon is now doing well on his new job and has integrated well with his community. He will be 21 in 4 months. Did you know that within one year of aging out of foster care, 60 percent of these children/young adults will be homeless, in jail or dead? I would encourage you to look at adopting a teenager from foster care. I know the time with them is less but the long term family connections can still be there. And you don't have such a long wait to be a grandparent! ;-) It even inspired us to start an organization called Brandon's Libraries for Little Ones, [url=http://www.librariesforlittleones.org]Brandon's Libraries for Little Ones[/url].