Advertisements
Advertisements
Adoptees Rejoice, Your Life was Planned in the Heart of God!
I wrote this devotion today- To read the devotion and others I penned for this new blog go to:
Adoptees Cafe: Devotions for Adopted Persons
[url]http://www.adopteescafe.blogspot.com[/url]
Blessings, Jody ;)
Advertisements
Thanks for the feedback and appreciate your sharing! The new Adoption Blog with fellow adoptees online!
Blessings, Jody ;)
[url]www.adopteescafe.blogspot.com[/url]
Advertisements
Thanks WLD- My passion is that adoptees would embrace the "bigger picture" of their lives. I was fortunate to grow up in a loving adoptive family. In midlife I searched and found my birth family (3 sisters) and uncovered the mystery of my beginnings and adoption. But the biggest blessing of navigating my adoption journey these past 51 years is recognizing God's provisions and hand on my life. He is my first and forever Father and He has been the only one who knew me in the womb, witnessed my first breath, my adoption and all my days since then! I rejoice in the journey I have been on and finding my identity in the Lord. Searching for my birth family was truly lifechanging and filled in many gaps in my earthy identity. But it also reaffirmed that God my Creator, my First Father loved me and had a plan for my life- even if my birth parents did not. It is wonderful to know who I am and Whose I am- God's child.
Blessings in your ongoing adoption journey!
Please share this blog with other adoptees you know - family, friends and groups/persons touched by adoption online. Thanks, Jody ;)
Jody.....You and your words are an inspiration...I have read many of your posts, an dyou do not seek to bring down, but only to build up and edify all parts of the triad, thankyou very much.
shefalie
Thanks Shef- God calls us to encourage one another and build one another up. That is our calling as Christian persons. We honor God when we are encouragers and edifiers and people get a glimpse of Jesus through us.
When we focus not on what has happened in our lives, our circumstances, but focus on our response to what has happened, we can grow through the hills and valleys of life. We can meet fellow journeymates on the "trip" and encourage them to see God's bigger beautiful plan. I have often seen beauty come out of ashes. When we trust God with our life story and allow Him to pick up the broken pieces, bring hope and restoration and a stronger more beautiful person forth from it- our lives can be testimonies to the love, grace and redeeming power of God.
Blessings, Jody
"Letters and Reflections to My Adopted Daughters" compiled by Jody Moreen, penned by John Newton,Amazing Grace hymnwriter,1700's England- adoptive father who adopted his 2 orphaned nieces
Thanks for sharing! I have added your blog to [url="http://www.bloglines.com/public/politicalcowboy"]my bloglines subscriptions[/url] under Interesting
Advertisements
Thanks so much Scott and God's blessings in your ongoing adoption journey. If you would like a complimentary copy of the 20 page Christian adoption triad publication I edit, let me know and send your name/address/zipcode to me in a private email. I have published 9 issues of encouraging stories of God's grace, hope and healing in the lives of adult adoptees, birth parents and adoptive parents sharing their adoption journeys.
Blessings, Jody ;)
Adoptees Cafe- Devotions for Adoptees/ Adopted Persons
"Letters and Reflections to My Adopted Daughters" compiled by Jody Moreen, penned by John Newton,Amazing Grace hymnwriter,1700's England- adoptive father who adopted his 2 orphaned nieces
Jody,
I thought I posted this earlier.. but it appears the link to your blog is not working. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Jody,
Thank you so very much for sharing. As always you are a true inspiration and whenever I read something that you post I find myself nodding my head in agreement.
EZ
Advertisements
Wow, can't believe it was so long ago I posted this original post in 2006. Where have the years gone? I love hearing from adoptees who have embraced God's unconditional love, plan and purpose for their lives and adoption. And those who have wrestled and prayed and come to have hearts of thanksgiving for the gift of life and adoption that their birth mom's blessed them with- regardless of the ups and downs or rollercoaster of emotions. I am hosting a contest- for I would love to hear what is on your hearts and to witness the creative ways you can weave words to express your innermost feelings to God and your birth mother.
Here is the info about the contest that ends on Easter Sunday, 2015. Pass this on to other adult adoptees you know- 18 and up.
ADOPTEES CHRISTIAN WRITING CONTEST ( Share with Adoptees 18 & Up )
Spring is on the horizon and in the month of May we celebrate Mother's Day. This year it is May 10th, 2015. As adoptees, we are keenly aware that we have been given the gift of LIFE. Regardless of the circumstances of our birth, there was a special birth mother that chose LIFE and carried us safety in her womb for 9 months. I don't know about you, but I have always embraced a soft and loving place in my heart for my birth mom. Sadly I was never able to meet her face-to-face before she passed away. In honor of all birth mothers I am asking adoptees or those orphaned since birth who carry love in their heart for LIFE to share your thankfulness, gratitude and loving and honoring sentiments to your birth mother and to God. Contest open to persons 18 and up. In 250 words or less share in a letter, a poem, a prayer or a song of praise. ( If you have already written something longer- feel free to share, but new writings strive to keep close to 250 words- a goal to be concise ) You may include a beautiful scripture verse in the Bible at the beginning, end or in the content of your piece. Feel free to share what God places on your heart. Be simple, poetic or creative, whatever way you are lead to express your praiseworthy sentiments. ( You may address your birth mother by her first name, if you know it, or you can just use the word Birth Mother or Dear Mother or another loving title.) Please prayerfully consider participating and share this with others you know that are adopted or those orphaned since birth. I would love to compile a collection of some of these letters to use to honor LIFE, and encourage birth mothers, women in crisis pregnancies, adoptees and others touched by adoption. Just imagine- your words, your expressions could save a precious life by touching a woman making a challenging pregnancy decision! PLEASE-DO NOT post your letters here. E-mail them to me at: jodymoreen@gmail.com and in the Subject line add- or send them to me via snail mail at:
Jody Moreen, 408 Christopher Ct. SE, Winter Haven, FL. 33884. PLEASE include your name, address, zip code, phone number and e-mail address at the end of your piece. Also state whether your entry is an original, or already published in any print or media source. Contest deadline is Easter Sunday April 5th, 2015- emailed or postmarked before Easter Sunday.******** ( see note at end of this posting )
A pre-selected group of adoptees and birth mothers will vote on their favorites ) Winning entries will be published on my Adoptees Anchored in Christ blog at:
adopteesanchoredinjesus@blogspot.com and also on Adoptees Caf : adopteescafe@blogspot.com
1st prize: $200.00
2nd prize: $100.00
3rd prize: $50
4th prize: $50
Honorable mentions: ( up to 10 depending on the amount of entries ) will receive their choice of a silver-toned Chosen Necklace containing the words ( Created/Chosen/Celebrated/Cherished) on a pendant from Dayspring, an Adoptee's Anchor -Christian mug or a new Adoption book of their choice from selections from my ever growing library )
******** If entries number less than 50 by the April 5th, 2015 deadline, participants will be notified by e-mail of an extended deadline- so please include your e-mail address with your entry. Feel free to write and inquire.
Questions about the contest can be sent to Jody at jodymoreen@gmail.com
Jody M
Thanks WLD- My passion is that adoptees would embrace the "bigger picture" of their lives. I was fortunate to grow up in a loving adoptive family.
I wasn't.
Jody M
In midlife I searched and found my birth family (3 sisters) and uncovered the mystery of my beginnings and adoption. But the biggest blessing of navigating my adoption journey these past 51 years is recognizing God's provisions and hand on my life. He is my first and forever Father and He has been the only one who knew me in the womb, witnessed my first breath, my adoption and all my days since then! I rejoice in the journey I have been on and finding my identity in the Lord. Searching for my birth family was truly lifechanging and filled in many gaps in my earthy identity. But it also reaffirmed that God my Creator, my First Father loved me and had a plan for my life- even if my birth parents did not.
So your god planned that I'd be taken from my birth mother and given to people who would keep me less than 10 years and then hand me off to other people? And your god also planned that my second adoptive "parents" would be emotionally and physically abusive, and eventually estrange themselves from me entirely?
Jody M
It is wonderful to know who I am and Whose I am- God's child.
If this is how god treats his children, then he's no more qualified to be a parent than all the birth parents who lose custody of their children. Obviously, we should all be taken away and adopted out to more suitable people.