Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi 1st time visiting this sight. I've been looking 25 years for my birth family. I have succeeded finding my maternal side however my parental side is non existence. Facts I know are I was born in Binghamton NY 1968 my birth weight was 7lbs 10 oz. I was 20 1/4 inches long. My parents were married a year before I was born then divorced relationship was challenging for the both of them. My father was born in 1943 His name is William Canfield he was married to my mother Betty Jean Reigles for a short time. He was a high school graduate. rumor has it he served in the army not sure how accurate this is. his nationality was slovack and german.at the time of my birth he was 6'2'' in height and weighed 155 lbs. He had black hair, hazel eyes and a fair complexion. He would be today 71 years old or he'll turn 71 this year. Before I was adopted out I was placed in his care with a girlfriend (no name) for 6 weeks in Sept.1974 he surrendered his paternal rights Dec 24.1975. I was told that my father also was adopted out as a child. Last known where abouts would of been Binghamton NY in the 1970's not sure if he's alive or still in the area I've had no such luck finding him in 25 years any information would be of great help. I just want to meet him even if it is only 1 time. I do have an old picture of him (maternal side of family gave this to me)
Hi! I don't think I can help much with your father's side.... or really your mother's side. What I know is that your mom would have been one of my Aunts. From what my mom tells me, Betty was a bit older than my father (whom I don't personally know). My father's name is Gale Lee Reigles and my mom is Doreen. His father was Eltie andhis mother was Bertha Gelatt Reigles Duell. Maybe we can help each other fill in the missing pieces? I can't find any information on this section of my family so I understand your frustrations!
Hope to hear from you soon!
Angie (Reigles) Finlayson
Advertisements