Advertisements
Advertisements
Howdy. I'm an IA mom living in Ky. Let's hear from everybody Ky. How did adoption touch your lives and share a little about yourselves.
My name is Lissa and I am an adoptive parent to Lydia from the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region of China. I have had the priviledge of being Lydia's mom for almost 18 months. I have lived in Ky. for over 10 years and work as a university professor in the theatre department. I used to direct professionally, but now only do side gigs when convienent so I can concentrate more on my family. My husband is an electrician/mechanic for a local factory and we have been married for 9 years. Lydia is 27 months old, gorgeous, wonderful, intelligent, CHARMING and a handful. She likes The Wiggles, Tinkerbell, Bears, Dolphins, her cats and music. She is delayed in speech and has some attachment issues, but they are relatively minor.
I like cats, Sims, photography and of course theatre.
So share! Tell us about you!
Advertisements
Hi, Lissa - I've followed your story on the China boards (have always been more of a lurker than poster):o
My husband and I are foster parents hoping to adopt from the FC system. We're currently placed with two lively siblings and with recent events believe these two may become adoptable.
I'm a marketing professional, my husband of nine years is in the IT dept at a local college; we have two dogs and a turtle that my kids brought home in a dish with a "can we keep it, please?!"
It'll be good to make some connections with local folks!!:banana:
I'm Kim. My DH and I adopted our son, Alex, from Guatemala this fall. He is 8 1/2 months old and just a joy. (although really not right now as he has his first cold and is trying to cut some teeth)
I work for a HR consulting firm, and DH works in politics. We live on a farm and have a dog, cat and three horses.
Look forward to meeting everyone.
Kim
Hi,
We're Jim and Debbie and we live in Eastern KY. We just finished our first home study visit and I'm still a nervous wreck. We are hoping to be able to adopt a newborn aa/biracial female. We are so excited and nervous.
Hi everyone!
Hi I am Shay, sahm to Daria whom we brought home from Russia at 7 months old and she is now 2.5 years old. Wow has time flown by!
Advertisements
Hi. I'm Nancy from Louisville, and my DH Rob and I brought our son, Israel, home from Guatemala in August. He is 14 months old now, and is a joy...but he sure keeps us running!
We are originally from the northeast, but really love Kentucky. We are both journalists. I am also an adoptee.
mommy2b...again
Hi,
We're Jim and Debbie and we live in Eastern KY. We just finished our first home study visit and I'm still a nervous wreck. We are hoping to be able to adopt a newborn aa/biracial female. We are so excited and nervous.
Hi everyone!
Hello! I'm also from Eastern Ky. and DH and I have discussed adoption for sometime and have decided to explore our options. It would be wonderful to talk to someone else from this area who is adopting. If you get a chance send me a message or you can email me at dale_jr_fan4ever@yahoo.com. I look forward to talking with you.
Hi,
Hi everyone
!
Wow, I never knew this forum existed.
DH and I live in Louisville and brought our son home from the hospital a few days after he was born in August 2006. His adoption was final four months later in December. We used a local agency and our son was born in southern KY.
We are hoping to start the process again next year.
Advertisements
We were in central KY for 7 yrs. Originally from Eastern KY, now back again. Anyone out there????
We have one son who is 3-he was born in Guatemala, and we are in process for #2, also born in Guatemala. Would love to meet some adoption local folks!
Hello all,
God bless to all of you. We are on our way to starting the adoption journey. We live in Central Kentucky near the horse farms. We just love this area. We are originally from Northeast Ohio. We have a biological son who is 8 1/2 years old. We have considered adoption for about 7 years but the last year has been going strong with getting information and homestudy started. We are going through Access Adoptions with Julianne. Does anyone recommend any agency within the state our surrounding area? We are looking domestically.
God bless to all of you and many years of happiness.
David and Amy. Check out our website.
[url=http://www.witharmsopened.homestead.com]Home[/url]
amy_mousie
Hello all,
God bless to all of you. We are on our way to starting the adoption journey. We live in Central Kentucky near the horse farms. We just love this area. We are originally from Northeast Ohio. We have a biological son who is 8 1/2 years old. We have considered adoption for about 7 years but the last year has been going strong with getting information and homestudy started. We are going through Access Adoptions with Julianne. Does anyone recommend any agency within the state our surrounding area? We are looking domestically.
God bless to all of you and many years of happiness.
David and Amy. Check out our website.
[URL="http://www.witharmsopened.homestead.com"]Home[/URL]
We are using Julianne with Access Adoptions also!
Hi I also live in the Western ky area. Arounf Christan & Hopkins Cty. My keyboard is messing up if letters are missing
Dana
Advertisements