Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello Washington adopting families! It would be cool to have some posts going from around the Evergreen State! Hope your journey to family is very happy and rewarding one. :flowergift:
Anyone else out there?
Advertisements
We adopted from Washington State DCFS...we celebrate Bug's 3rd b-day today. I picked him up at the hospital 3 years ago tomorrow! Our youngest will be 3 in April and it has been an amazing journey!
Hey LJ - I'm here too. Fellow Washingtonians....Let's par--tee!!!! :happydance:
Hi all!
I am Sindea, said like Cindy. We live in Lynnwood, WA and are hoping to adopt a baby soon... We have 2 bio sons ages 11 and 7.
hi. we have finished all the training are state licensed and have a appt with the adoption coordinator on the 16th of June.
Has anyone here adopted from the state agancy? or adopted privately? would you care to share your stories?
can someone will me in one all the initals etc.. listed under their names. (PGN)?
How long does it take to finally be "picked" I hear of it taking just a few months to years. anyone know why that is?
Thanks for taking the time to read this, I am just so full of questions and can't seem to find answers anywhere.
Thanks
Advertisements
Hi all! Dh and I are in Washington too, we just finished our homestudy the other day and are now waiting for a match. We're going through the state for adoption of 0-6years.
I live in Vancouver, Wa. We are in the very beginning stages. Still trying to figure out what agency we are going to use. I'm so afraid to finally pick one, don't want it to be the "wrong" one. Who did you all use?
We are doing a domestic, semi-open adoption.
Glad to be apart of the forums here.
April
I love Washington! We received our first placements on 10/10/08 and have been loving every minute of it! :love:
Although we love spending time with them, we were wondering about babysitting. Do any of you know what the rules are in WA about a babysitter? Does it have to be someone licensed, background check, CPR??
Thanks!
Hi there! We have been researching agencies but I am still hesitant about choosing one. We are open to domestic or international adoption. If anyone is willing to PM me and let me know about agencies that they have used, or information they know about agencies (good AND bad) I would REALLY appreciate it!! (we have looked into Holt, WACAP, ACLN, and many more)
We are over in Eastern Washington, and haven't found many other adoptive parents on this side of the mountains, I was thrilled to find this site and these forums!!! Please PM me if possible!
Thanks!!:D
Advertisements
I am in Thurston county
Just finished all my classes - Pride and CPR/BBP/First Aid. Getting copies made of all of my paperwork and will be sending this week!
EEK!
I hope everything keeps going at least SEMI smoothly for me...Fingers crossed!
Hi JoiedeVive :) Welcome~ and best wishes for a smooth ride~
I'm in Whatcom Co., still doing lots of reading/info gathering before taking the plunge...