Advertisements
Advertisements
um...ME!! But you already know that :) I just found this today. Perhaps our ranks will grow.
Advertisements
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]:happydance: [/FONT]Hello, my name is Desiree and my husband and I are in the process of fostering to adopt. We take our permanency class on Feb. 24! We are so excited!
hi desiree!
congrats on getting close to finishing your training...now on to the home study!
Well our classes are finished! Yeah! The homestudy paper work is about 98% finished, we have to get a copy of my husband's birth certificate we can't find it so we will be making a trip to IL I suppose! Then all that is left is our physicals which we get this week, the fingerprinting and criminal background checks. While they wait on our back ground checks to come in they will do our homestudy and we will be ready to go! We are all so excited! :dance:
Advertisements
Thank you all, the only issue we are having now is getting my husband's portion done. He drives a truck so his hours are crazy, but we are working it all out it's just going to take a little longer than we had expected!
Hi...my husband and I are thinking of adopting and are from Evansville. I would sure like to hear what agencies you all went through to adopt and if they were local. We are completely new to the process and don't know where to start. All the information on the internet seems to be completely overwhelming. I would appreciate any information anyone could give a newbie from your neighborhood... :thanks:
Kelly
If you are wanting to foster to adopt then I would say contact the state @ [url=http://www.adoptachild.in.gov]Adoption[/url] or 1-888-25-ADOPT (23678). This is how we got started, they will send you a picture book, (it only contains a small portion of the children available for adoption so don't get discouraged). The can also give you dates and locations of classes near you and set them up as well. We found them to be very informative and friendly. They answered all the questions we had that they could answer (each county varies so much). Good luck, but do request the picture book in the back is a gold mine of foster to adopt information. It covers the process from beginning to end! Good Luck and don't overwhelm yourself too much ;)
Advertisements
Thanks!!! I will call tomorrow for that. I really appreciate the info! I'm looking forward to getting the ball rolling!
Kelly
Hello and Congratulations!
My husband is from Evansville. He and his girls live in Mt. Carmel with me now. I am attempting to adopt his youngest daughter who is almost 4. I am having a tought time. Lost a jurisdiction hearing in IL. Now I'm filing in Vandeburg Co. Bio mom resides in the Van. Co. Safehouse...a real piece of work. She has never been allowed alone with the child since she was 5 months old per CPS and has only spent less than 60 hours total with the child in the last 2 years or so.
Which attorney did you use? I need someone who is very thorough and very good.
Melissa