Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone! Welcome to the newest addition to the Adoption.com Forums, Local Adoption Connections.
Please take a minute to tell us a little about yourself. Are you married? Do you have Children, if so, what are their ages? Share with us some of your favorite things about living in this area. Whats your favorite restaurant? Do you belong to any Adoption Support Groups in your area? Help us all get to know you better and start making local friends with like interests!
Hi...we're new to Charleston...just moved down from VA a month ago. We have 3 children total...bio son who just turned 20, adopted son who is 9, and adopted daughter who is 3 1/2. Both adoptions were domestic and both are transracial. We're caucation and both children are hispanic. Our adoption experiences have been as different as night and day but then again aren't all life experiences different? We adopted our son while living in Texas and our daughter in Virginia. It's always interesting when you move to a new area to see how our family is received...how adoption is received and the many questions both outright and unspoken that come our way. We are finally unpacked and enjoying finding new places to go and see. Looking forward to meeting new friends. I have to say our neighborhood has been most welcoming. We must have looked at 20 homes before deciding on our's but I'm glad we chose this one. The neighbors are great.
Advertisements
I live in Kentucky and have all of my life. My husband is from Illinois. We are working on starting a new family and whether we have our own child or not we are looking into adoption. We have a two yr. old Chihuahua named Peppy and he's our boy. We adopted him from the KSPCA. I love living in Kentucky because it is so beautiful. We are looking into adopting from Guatemala.
:gnome: Oops...went in to edit and apparently posted twice...I'll do better next time! It's that kind of day!!!:arrow:
Advertisements
Hello. We are just beginning to investigate adoption. We were PCS'd here with the military and my husband will be finishing this enlistment July 2015. We have one bio dd (5.5 currently, birthday is in December). My husband will be 30 in June and I just turned 27. I also see that this area is a wee bit slow in activity.
We adore all the outside activities. We moved from the Seattle area in Washington State and adore the sunshine and beaches.