Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone! Welcome to the newest addition to the Adoption.com Forums, Local Adoption Connections.
Please take a minute to tell us a little about yourself. Are you married? Do you have Children, if so, what are their ages? Share with us some of your favorite things about living in this area. Whats your favorite restaurant? Do you belong to any Adoption Support Groups in your area? Help us all get to know you better and start making local friends with like interests!
I'll be the first!!!
My name is Jenn and my husband and I are currently awaiting PINK to travel to pick up our daughter. We have a 4 year old bio son (Tony) and our Guatemala princess, (Ana Garcia) will be 8 months old on Feb. 11, 2007.
Both my husband and I have lived in Cleveland all of our lives ( I know,there's just something about Cleveland that is home). My husband works downtown and I am a stay at home mom.
I'm pretty involved in my son's preschool program, but don't know once the baby arrives how much I can actually do.
My husband is a HUGE Indianapolis COLTS fan!!! He's SOOOOOO excited about the big game on Sunday. Me, I am a Browns fan, but my heart lies with Jacksonville - had to pick a team when Modell moved us to Baltimore.
We are huge sports fans. Season ticket holders to Cavs and Indians. We enjoy Clevelands attractions - Like University Circle, restaurants etc.
Cleveland is home, and will always be home. Such wonderful people live in this area. I am proud to call myself a Clevelander!!!
Posting here to introduce myself and possibly meet others adopting from Guatemala or have adopted from Guatemala. Would like to get a playgroup started eventually.
Advertisements
Hi, I'm Lynn and I live near Parma. I don't have any children currently, but I am adopting two daughters from Guatemala. Their ages are currently 1 month and 4 months, but I am early in the process, so they won't be home until at least summer.
I was born in Cleveland and all of my (large) family still lives within an hour of Cleveland. I was a die-hard Browns fan in my youth and I am now a hopeful Browns fan, if you know what I mean. I love Cleveland's arts, museums, and nearby parks / countryside. My main vice is shopping at bookstores. I work downtown and also volunteer with various nonprofits, but I plan to take an extended leave when the girls come home.
I hope that once my daughters get acclimated to "home," there will be lots of opportunities for them to get together with other Guatemalan and international children. Hopefully the folks on this forum can coordinate a few fun things so we can get to know each other better.
Hi
I just saw your post. I live about a hour from Cleveland Iamin the Wooster area. We have a little girl from Guatamala we have been home since Oct 31 2007 and I also would love to meet other who have adopted from Guatamala. My email is madnorby@verizon.net hope to here from you soon.
Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. I'm not married, I don't have any kids or anything like that. I'm trying to make my way through college and go on to grad school at Juilliard, for Vocal Performance.
I just made the decision to try and search for my birth family. Unfortunately, Ohio law says I can't until I'm 21. Is this completely true? And can a birth family come looking for me before I turn 21?
Because of the conditions of my adoption, I don't know anything about my birth family. No names, no locations, and definitely no contact points. This has made it thus far impossible to track them without a visit to Town Hall, where I am afraid I'll be turned away and told to wait until I'm 21, or else told they don't know anything about my family.
What can I do?