Advertisements
Advertisements
Okay, I just got done reading the "Any Canadians" thread. I was just wondering how many of us Natives that were born in the Pac Northwest area or Western Coast State (Washington, Oregon maybe even Idaho or Montana) areas have possible birthmom's that were from the Canada side. I have my Birthmom's Birthdate and possible tribe. Is there a Blackfeet(Blackfoot, depending on time of naming I know Blackfoot may also be a Sioux tribe, that's not what I'm looking for.) tribal place to contact on the Canadian side. I have the website to the U.S. Blackfeet side. That U.S Blackfeet website seems to be down at the moment. On the Canadian side of things, can I find something if I have her Birthdate if she was enrolled. It sounds like from the "Any Canadians" thread she may have had to be on some roll? Any kind of help would be appreciated. I work retail and seem to be alway trying to save up the money for WARM to help me out. I just never seem to be able to save up that money on my hrly wages. I just want to find her....................
Advertisements
taramayrn
Yes there is a blackfoot tribe here in Alberta Canada.
Hey that's cool. How do I find out about how to find members on their tribal rolls there? I have a birthdate for my Birthmother. All I know is she is Blackfeet from the Canadian side. My dad I guess is Alaskan. I would just love to know how to find her on the Canadian side?
Honestly I have no idea where you would find tribal rolls for the Blackfoot Tribe in Alberta. Maybe google "Blackfoot Alberta" and see what you come up with.
Good luck....
A young man I know received assistance in getting contact info from the librarian (I think) in this tribe. They are on the Olympic Peninsula, and he was from Alabama, and they were still able to help him - and they did not charge him any fees. If they can't help you, they may know of another contact for you.
Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe
1033 Old Blyn Highway
Sequim, WA 98382
info@jamestowntribe.org
Peace,
Susan
Advertisements
:hissy: I have been looking for my bother for some time now I don't know if he know's he is abenaki from the reservation in Canada. He was born in an unwed my institute June 9, 1956 I do believe of what my mother explained to me in Three River's just outside of the reservation. His given name at birth was Richard Paul Benedict. I have looked up alot of site but have'nt had any luck. I would really like to find him so that he knows my mother never forgot about him nor have I. If someone reads this I hope that they would know of a way to search to try to find him. I read some of these stories and it's heartbreaking the thought of someone not knowing who you are where your from where your family maybe from.
jah,
rensselaer, ny
thanks for the reply. In the paragraph it was suppose to be unwed mother institute. sorry about that.
Sincerely,
Jeanne
Rensselare, NY
:hissy: I have been looking for my bother for some time now I don't know if he know's he is abenaki from the reservation in Canada. He was born in an unwed my institute June 9, 1956 I do believe of what my mother explained to me in Three River's just outside of the reservation. His given name at birth was Richard Paul Benedict. I have looked up alot of site but have'nt had any luck. I would really like to find him so that he knows my mother never forgot about him nor have I. If someone reads this I hope that they would know of a way to search to try to find him. I read some of these stories and it's heartbreaking the thought of someone not knowing who you are where your from where your family maybe from.
jah,
rensselaer, ny
The people traditionally known as the blackfeet reside around the area of Calgary Aberta, Canada. My suggestion to you is to contact the Local Freindship Center in Calgary, Alberta. You should be able to find the number in directory. You should be able to get a list of all the First Nations Bands in the area that identify with being Blackfoot. Also, if you have your mothers last name, they may be able to identify which band you are connected with on this basis.
Someone in the Friendship center should be able to assit you in your search or put you in contact with someone that can help you....
Hope this Help's
Advertisements
.........You need to check with the bands:
[url=http://www.ainc-inac.gc.ca/ab/fna/fna1_e.html]First Nations In Alberta - Indian and Northern Affairs Canada[/url]
...also, somewhere on the ainc site there are band lists....