Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi! I just recently adopted from Guatemala. My DD is currently 14 months old. I am a single Mom and live in downtown Savannah.
Hi! Congratulations on your adoption! My husband and I are in the foster to adopt process and are out in the Skidaway/Burnside area. Nice to know there's other folks out there.
Those are precious pictures....I know you're proud!
Advertisements
Does anyone from GA have any agency recommendations? We are feeling a bit overwhelmed by the shear number of agencies that we are currently weeding through.
Thanks!
Not sure if this is just for adoptive parents but I'd like to say hi to all!
I'm a bmom that's been in reunion for about 10 months now. I'm in the Richmond Hill area.
Just checking back into this thread after a long absence. We have our DS with us now....18 mos with one agency and NOTHING, 6 weeks with the other one and here we are!
If anyone wants info on a REALLY GOOD Christian agency in Georgia, please PM me!
We have family in Georgia, and would like to consider agencies there. Please PM me with your experiences with each agency.
Thanks
B
Advertisements
I am glad to have found this forum. I need some advice. My husband and I are in our 40's and we don't have children. We have decided to adopt a child/children. If you have any advice on how to start the process. We live in Savannah, ga.
Thanks
Hello -
My husband & I are in the Savannah area and we're looking to adopt. So far I'm finding the whole thing rather overwhelming - it seems like every agency we look into, someone has a complete horror story and someone else is just gushing rainbows! Wish I had some sort of way to sort out who to trust; this is just such uncharted territory for us & I don't know anyone personally who has adopted less than 25+ years ago!
--Erin
Good luck. We did a private infant adoption in Virginia 29 years ago, and our son, while like most other kids in that he had some problems along the way, has turned out to be just a great man. After our retirements and moving to Savannah we began foster care and until last week thought we were going to be allowed to adopt the 2 year old that we've had since 4 ,months of age. There is now a significant problem with this plan, though, so I definitely don't recommend DFCS as an option. Good luck in your plans.