Advertisements
Advertisements
Forgive me in advance if these are stupid questions -- I'm very new to this. I'm planning to do a lifebook/scrapbook for my son (he's been home a year from Guatemala). However, I would also like to share the journey of his adoption. Can I do this in the same book? For example, can I remove the confidential pages that deal with the circumstances of his adoption/background information if I would like to allow others to view the rest of the book (i.e. our travel to Guatemala, facts about the country, etc.)? I guess I could do two separate books, but I am already overwhelmed at the thought of doing one! :) Any advice would be great! :thanks:
Typically a lifebook is for the child.
But I can certainly see ways to do it. Like having information that is in a 'pocket' on a page that can be pulled out there are even some envelopes available that have string ties, so you can tie them closed (unless you have really really nosey friends / family.
You could also include the non confidential info in a regular scrapbook and then do a seperate, smaller book, just for the lifebook portion and just for the child.
Advertisements
Thanks so much for your input! I think I am leaning towards your second suggestion -- making a smaller (sturdier! :)) book just for my son, with his lifebook info. The other book will be more of his adoption journey. I'm sure I'll be back here with lots of questions! :)
I made an adoption book for my son in scrapbook style which is just all about the adoption. It's not private and lots of people have seen it.
I also made a life book which is just for him. It's done more like a book with more text and less photos.