Advertisements
Advertisements
Did anyone have problems with their DH's security clearance and trying to adopt internationally? Are there certain countries to stick with? Should we just adopt inside the states?
TIA!
gatorfish
Did anyone have problems with their DH's security clearance and trying to adopt internationally? Are there certain countries to stick with? Should we just adopt inside the states?
TIA!
What do you think the problem would be regarding his security clearance? A lot of us on here have spouses with a security clearance I can't see at all why that would be an issue. Can you elaborate? I can't think of why another country would care or even know.
Advertisements
Should not be a problem. Have him talk to his command. They usually have to do some type of security briefing for some countries but that's it.
When we first started the adoption process we were going to China. My husband has always worked in the "black" world and he was concerned about going to CHina. He spoke with the head of security and they gave him a briefing etc... and said he was fine to go, but to just be aware of a few things. Just make sure your husband talks to the security people.
We know a man that my dh works with now (he;s retired) that went to CHina and brought home a bride, and neglected to inform the security people. He lost his clearance and hence some of the work he was doing.
They don't care if you go, just let them know. Shelley
Oh so were you talking about travelling for pickup? That wasn't clear to me.
I agree with the other posters. Inform his command and he'll probably have a briefing(s) to go to.
Shouldn't be a problem. Marrying a foreigner without telling anyone can have grave impacts but I can't remember the last time that an infant tried to extract sensitive info from his/her dad.
Have him go to his SSO or S2/G2/J2 to inquire. Bottom line, when in doubt disclose. That way nobody can ever say he kept anything hidden.
Advertisements