Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By mary ann barbara spearin
looking for birth mother virginia may spearin or any other chrildren she may have had
I had found a Virginia Mae Spearin who married Douglas Murray in Portland Maine on April 30th 1953
Hope this Helps
Patches007
Advertisements
My grandmother is the Virginia Mae (May) Spearin Murray mentioned. My father is her oldest son. She unfortunately passed away 10/25/1991 in Connecticut. I can tell you that she had 2 sons and 2 daughters that we know of. The second oldest (Aunt Pam Murray) and the youngest (Uncle Richard Murray) are deceased as well. My father and one aunt are still living. I am not sure if this is the same one you are searching for, but I can tell you a little bit about her. Her father was Ralph R Spearin (an adoptee) and her mother was Annie Holloway (Spearin). They had three children....Irene, Virginia and Ralph. They divorced, but I don't know when. Ralph moved to Florida from what I can tell and remarried in 1942. He was divorced in 1943 and died in 1946. From what I understand, Virginia and Ralph were taken from Annie and put in foster homes and Irene was adopted out. Virginia was born 12/14/1921 and was unmarried when she gave birth to my dad in 1943. She then married Douglas Hale Murray in 4/30/1953. They then had 2 girls and a boy. Douglas died in 1969. Hope any of this helps as I don't know of any other Virginia Mae Spearin's so I have to assume she is the correct one. My father and aunt know that I have found this thread and are anxiously awaiting to hear if they may have a sister they never knew about. I do see that this is an old thread, but hopefully this message will still get to you. I have tried to locate you by name in the US telephone directories but have not been successful.