Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm having trouble finding a reliable babysitter. Our current fabulous sitter just graduated from college and is starting as a kindergarten teacher in the fall.
I have interviewed at least 5 different girls but I can't find anyone that I'm comfortable with. I find that as a single parent it is really important for me to have back up sitters but I'm at a loss right now. The other day I got a flat tire and my mother was watching the children and I had no one to call to watch the children while she took me to get a new tire put on the car. I almost cried! It really showed me that unless I want to be carting my 4 kids around with me everywhere I go that I have got to find a sitter.
How have you found sitters?
Great question. Here is what I do. BOth of my daughters go to day care. I asked the owner of the day care if she minded if I asked for someone to babysit on their off time (evenings / weekends). Quite a few jumped at the offer and now I have a small group of women with the proper clearances! (They need them to work in the day care.) You can also check your local church, too... Perhaps some parents from a play group... Good luck!
Advertisements
We found our first nanny by putting an ad in our church bulletin, so I second Valerie's idea. Also you can post ads at local community colleges that have child development courses---we found a sitter that way.
Does your current sitter have any friends she could recommend?
I will also pm you a link.
from where you belong and what type of baby shiiter you needed.
[url=http://www.autismchildparenting.com]How Does Autism Affect Children[/url]