Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello,
I am hoping you can help me out a little...Our son came home from Guatemala on a I-4 Visa, we now have his "green card" saying he is a permanent resident. We want to finalize his adoption so that he is a US citizen. Can you tell me the steps to complete this? Is it better to hire an attorney??
Any information would be greatly appreciated!!
Sincerely,
Ann
home with Domenik since March
Hi !! We came home with our son in Jan 2006 with a IR-4 visa also. The steps we took were: readoption so he would get an Iowa birth certificate and we changed his name at the same time. We didn't use a lawyer but might if we had to do it again. See if you can find out if the judges do alot of readoptions in your area or not. Most people fly though with no problem but we had some difficultly!!! After we readopted we filed for his Certificate of Citizenship with his new name. He just became a citizen in June and then I filed for all the documents to be returned . I can't remember what form but I haven't heard anything on that yet. For the readoption you will need forms which I received from a friend that had just finished with hers . That's about all the knowledge I have on the subject but if I can do it then ANY BODY can do it!!!!!
Hope I helped alittle!!
~pat
Advertisements