Advertisements
Advertisements
I posted this in other forums, but wanted to post it here as I live in MD and want to know if anyone knows how specific MD rules and what agenices in the area are like about this:
Hi, my name is Kimberly and I am 23 years old, and currently single, but I have a condition called Turner Syndrom where a female is born with only one X chromosome instead of the normal 2, and because of this, I don't have functioning ovaries and therefore, I cannot have biological children, you can learn more about the condition here: Turners Syndrome. Anyway, due to the fact that I have fluctuating blood pressure and a heart murmor, I don't think IVF using a donor would be a safe option. I am also at high risk, because of my disorder, for developing diabetes, which I heard they will not let you adopt if you have. Also, recently, due to alot of anxiety over my health, my doctor has referred me to a therapist about anxiety and possibly depression. As I've become more interested in the option of adopting, I've started reading up on what the requirements would be for me and a future husband when the time should come, and I've read in alot of places that if you've been diagnosed with anxiety and/or depression and/or you take medication for it, you will not be allowed to adopt. Given that and my health issues, needless to say, I am afraid about this, because I've always children, ever since I can remember, and I feel like adoption, which is pretty much my only option, is being taken away from me. Does anyone know if this is true, (I'd want to adopt a baby, by the way, not an older child) and what options I might have? Could, for example, the man I'm going to marry adopt as a single parent before we get married if I'm going to be too much of a risk? I know single parent adoption isn't easy either, but is it more likely they will accept a single man (barring he has no health concerns or diagnosis of anxiety/depression) than a couple where one has some health issues and anxiety? Any advice on this would greatly appreciated. It's just weighing on my mind since I've started therapy, "what if this ruins my chances of ever adopting?"
Kimberly83
I posted this in other forums, but wanted to post it here as I live in MD and want to know if anyone knows how specific MD rules and what agenices in the area are like about this:
Hi, my name is Kimberly and I am 23 years old, and currently single, but I have a condition called Turner Syndrom where a female is born with only one X chromosome instead of the normal 2, and because of this, I don't have functioning ovaries and therefore, I cannot have biological children, you can learn more about the condition here: Turners Syndrome. Anyway, due to the fact that I have fluctuating blood pressure and a heart murmor, I don't think IVF using a donor would be a safe option. I am also at high risk, because of my disorder, for developing diabetes, which I heard they will not let you adopt if you have. Also, recently, due to alot of anxiety over my health, my doctor has referred me to a therapist about anxiety and possibly depression. As I've become more interested in the option of adopting, I've started reading up on what the requirements would be for me and a future husband when the time should come, and I've read in alot of places that if you've been diagnosed with anxiety and/or depression and/or you take medication for it, you will not be allowed to adopt. Given that and my health issues, needless to say, I am afraid about this, because I've always children, ever since I can remember, and I feel like adoption, which is pretty much my only option, is being taken away from me. Does anyone know if this is true, (I'd want to adopt a baby, by the way, not an older child) and what options I might have? Could, for example, the man I'm going to marry adopt as a single parent before we get married if I'm going to be too much of a risk? I know single parent adoption isn't easy either, but is it more likely they will accept a single man (barring he has no health concerns or diagnosis of anxiety/depression) than a couple where one has some health issues and anxiety? Any advice on this would greatly appreciated. It's just weighing on my mind since I've started therapy, "what if this ruins my chances of ever adopting?"
contact if you are still interested in adopting a baby . waiting to read from you asap or if you know of any adoptive parent that is willing and serious in adopting a baby please direct them to me (solangemooh1@yahoo.com)
Advertisements