Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone,
We have been back from Brazil for 5 weeks with our new daughter. We had a wonderful time in Curitiba and Rio (7weeks total), and our daughter bonded to us the very first day. She is 3 years old and perfect in every way. Our family is doing wonderful and we are very busy now with a 3 year old and two 2 year olds adopted from Guatemala in 2005. If anyone that is traveling soon has questions please feel free to contact me. Just glad to be getting back to normal!!!
Marsha:dance:
Mom to 2 Guatemalan angels and 1 Brazilian angel
Congratulations Marsha! I've been waiting to hear how your trip went. We should be going to Curitiba at the end of the year, hopefully just in time for Christmas. It sounds like everything went really well for you guys! Where did you stay? When do we get to see pictures?
Mary Jane
Advertisements
Congratulations on your new family member! I"m glad you had a good experience.
Amy K, NJ
Advertisements
Congratulations on your new daughter.:cheer: :cheer: It's been 9 months since I brought my son and daughter home from Brazil. I can't believe it's been that long! I remember this time last year I was anxiously waiting for their referral. I can't wait to see your pictures.
Lisa
mom to 5
Yes we did use LIMIAR. We had our homestudy updated November 2006 and recieved our referral December 2006. Our paperwork was sent to Brazil specifically for our daughter in March 2007. We were approved and traveled in July 2007 and returned home late September. It was a very quick and smooth process in our case.
Congratulations on the addition to your family.
We are still waiting anxiously to hear back for CEJAI. How long did that part of your process take?
Advertisements
CEJA in Parana took exactly 16 weeks, but a family before us took only 8 weeks. So, I do not think there is a specific time frame. How long have you been waiting?
Congrats!! I always thought Brazil had much older children. I didn't know you could get children as young as 2 or 3. I may have to look into the program further when its time for #2. I am so happy it was a smooth process for you!