Advertisements
Advertisements
How do I start a scrapbook? We are in the beginning phase. We've already picked out an agency and the country, but it'll be a year before we began any paperwork to adopt and I want to start a scrapbook for the daughter will adopt. What can I do now?
Tyakeia
[URL="http://familylobby.com/ourbabystories"]
[/URL]
I want to start a scrapbook for the daughter will adopt.
I'm not sure what you mean.
Do you want to create a scrapbook that you give to your DD once you've been referred, but before you've traveled?
Do you want to create a scrapbook that shows your family and past that will be your DDs once she joins your family?
Do you want to create a lifebook for your DD? A lifebook is a bit like a baby book. It dicusses your lives, pre-adoption. It can have info about the country, orphanage, etc.
Where you start kind of depends on what you want to do.
Do you want to do paper scrapbooking, or digital scrapbooking?
Do you want to use a conventional scrapbook/baby book, or do you want to do something different?
Do you want to use a kit (such as those sold by various scrapbooking consultants), or do you want to go a la carte - shopping for paper, stickers, etc. separately?
That's how I usually begin a project.
Then, I get together the information and pictures that I want to use. I scan a lot, so I always have copies, and I can make papers, pictures, cards, etc. smaller if I need to.
I hope this helps a bit!
:hippie:
Advertisements
I started mine a couple of weeks ago...for us we are going to do 2 books, 1 will show OUR journey from picking the agency, application, home study etc. up until we are matched then it becomes all about our child. I wanted the first book to hold our paperwork e.g application, homestudy and other important papers relating to our lead up to adoption. I've included my journal notes to personalize it. i've also used some pictures to go along with each phase. I ordered some page accents from Scrapandtell...hope this helps...this is my first attempt so it is basic but it looks pretty good so far....
I adopted my sons from foster care. the 3 youngest ones want to do a Lifebook. I dont' want to use a kit as they seem "femine" to me. Anyone do one on the computer? Comments, thoughts?
I use software called Memory Mixer, which is just for scrapbooks. You can find a number of boyish digital kits.
Many people use PhotoShop, or PhotoShop Elements (PSE). I think they're overkill.
:hippie:
Hi! You might try [url=http://www.shutterfly.com]Shutterfly | Develop, Print & Share Digital Photos: Create Photo Gifts Online[/url] There are a lot of adoption books and portfolios on there including ours from [URL="http://www.freewebs.com/jamesandtiffanyadopt"]
[/URL]
It's really user friendly and I am not a traditional scrapbooker, but I love shutterfly and do books for every occasion. My other advice is to write a letter to the birth mother in the front, tell about yourself, your home, hobbies, pets etc. and then tell about your friends and family. We ended ours with another letter to the birth mom.
Best wishes - Tiffany
Advertisements
fastaff
I started mine a couple of weeks ago...for us we are going to do 2 books, 1 will show OUR journey from picking the agency, application, home study etc. up until we are matched then it becomes all about our child. I wanted the first book to hold our paperwork e.g application, homestudy and other important papers relating to our lead up to adoption. I've included my journal notes to personalize it. i've also used some pictures to go along with each phase. I ordered some page accents from Scrapandtell...hope this helps...this is my first attempt so it is basic but it looks pretty good so far....
This is a really good idea and something I could be doing now to help past the time. Thanks! :flower: