Advertisements
Advertisements
I know this might be a silly question, but I was wondering if tricare would help with birthmothers stay in the hospital?? Dh and I are in the middle of our homestudy and we we're just talking and that and how they will cover the baby's stay. If it's possible, any information is very much welcomed, if not, that also is welcomed. Thanks in Advance
I haven't been in the military for a few years now so things probably have changed. When we were in they didn't cover bmom's but the baby with show of adoption paperwork. Good luck and ask your tricare provider they will know that answer.
Advertisements
I've never heard of any health insurance that the adoptive parents have that will help with the birthmother's medical expenses. The adoptive parents usually have to pay out of pocket for that, unless the birthmother has her own insurance.
However, as long as you have a family plan (not just a plan just for one individual), they will all pay for the baby's expenses as long as you get the child registered within their time frame.
Hope that helps you sort it all out.
I do not beleive any heath insurance will assist with the expenses of a birthmother in an adoption. However, if you have Medical Reimbursement Account (section 125 Cafeteria Plan) they help pay for those expenses.
I'll reconfirm what everyone said. Tricare will absolutely NOT cover any pbmom expenses. They will cover every single thing for the baby. You have 60 days to enroll the baby in deers and they'll retro back everything as prime, which has been just wonderful for us!
Advertisements