Advertisements
Advertisements
We called our medical insurance company who claims we cannot add our newly adopted girls to our insurance until we have SSN? Did any of you come across this? Our one daughter will NEED to see a doctor as soon as we are home -- she has significant allergies, asthma, and mild/moderate vision problems.
Thanks for any input.
We certainly didn't. DD was born on a Saturday, I called my HR person at work on the following Sunday and all she needed to add our daughter to my insurance was her name and date of birth. She's been covered ever since.
Advertisements
I'd call back and speak to someone else at the agency, a supervisor preferably that might know a little more.
A newborn baby does not come with a social security number and yet they are covered from birth. An internationally adopted child will not come with a social security number, yet they should be covered from the finalization.
Just my .02.
Sarah
Thanks for everyone's input. We did have verification at the time of the homestudy that any child would be covered by the insurance. It's almost 2 yrs later and my husband's company (small family company so no HR department) had changed insurance carriers.
My husband called back, armed with many of the suggestions posted and the supervisor gave him no problems and the girls are now covered. We were asked to supply SSN as soon as we get them. The cards are being mailed out this week!
Thanks again!:thanks:
mschaefer
We called our medical insurance company who claims we cannot add our newly adopted girls to our insurance until we have SSN? Did any of you come across this? Our one daughter will NEED to see a doctor as soon as we are home -- she has significant allergies, asthma, and mild/moderate vision problems.
Thanks for any input.
My insurance company prefers to have the social security number. However, they put 9 "zeros" until the adoption finalizes and you have the SS Number. For foster & adoptive placements, they do require a copy of the placement letter.
Advertisements