Advertisements
Advertisements
My biracial baby boy (mom CC dad AA) has very dry scalp. I have used all different baby shampoos that are for cradle cap or dandruff...is there perhaps an ethnic shampoo that I should try?
Thanks and blessings, Michelle
Hi, Michelle:
We are currently using Aveda Sap Moss shampoo and condition on our daughter's hair (she is full AA) and it has done wonders for the dryness.
The beautician we took her to said you actually should leave the shampoo in her hair for a time before rinsing (and the conditioner, too -- but this was particularly unusual for a shampoo product). We've followed her advice and are currently shampooing and conditioning maybe once a week.
We follow up the washing with Carol's Daughters Hair Milk (which I use between washings if her hair starts to look dry) and use the Black Vanilla spray daily.
This regimen has done wonders for her hair (which has been classified as curly/dry). Her hair now makes corkscrews on its own (or I can help with some finger curls to make the effect more pronounced) and it so cute. It is also relatively soft to the touch and looks much healthier.
This stuff is expensive, but you can get away with using very small amounts (dime-sized) so I am going to stretch it for as long as I can.
Hope this helps!
Michelle
Advertisements
Where or who sells these products/how could I get them?
His hair is curly when wet but when dry it is totally straight, but you can see the flaky scalp easily, plus he has this habit of feeling/scratching/pulling at his hair...then you see his hair with tons of flakes in it.
Blessings, Michelle
Not sure I am allowed to post this, I will PM you if this gets edited... Try [URL="http://www.curls.com"]www(dot)curls[/URL](dot)biz hair care just for biracial kids. The milkshake is awesome!!
Mega
Hi - we also use Carol's Daughter's products for our two sons who are African - it is great stuff. We use the Healthy Hair Butter, and the Black vanilla Leave-In Conditioner - you can google them and order it from them online...over $75 gets you free shipping! I order a bunch all at once to save some cash - it is pretty prcey stuff but so worth it!
I bought the Hair Milk but gave it to a friend whose son is biracial - it is too thin for really coarse hair, I found.
Our foster daughter is AA and Philipeno (sp) and we use sulfer8 when it is flaky and blue magic conditioner/grease. I only wash her hair once a week, use the conditioner daily, and she sleeps w/ a silk scarf. Cotton is very bad for their hair as it dries it out. We also had 3 full AA girls and we did the same thing just w/ a thicker conditioner. We wash their hair w/ pantene proV that is for AA persons.
Advertisements
When I started this thread, Joshie's hair was still straight...now, it is very curly, but still very soft. The dandruff sort of went away on its own. Joshie is 9.5 months old...how old until I need to use something else and what do you all recommend for the kinky curly (that is the best description of what his look like).
Also, did your pedi's ever tell you to use high SPF sunblock and a hat when the babies are out in the sun?
When I started this thread, Joshie's hair was still straight...now, it is very curly, but still very soft. The dandruff sort of went away on its own. Joshie is 9.5 months old...how old until I need to use something else and what do you all recommend for the kinky curly (that is the best description of what his look like).
Also, did your pedi's ever tell you to use high SPF sunblock and a hat when the babies are out in the sun?