Advertisements
Advertisements
I just noticed the children listed on the photolisting section of the website. Has anyone ever inquired or adopted from that link?
Just curious....
I've inquired about several children on the photolisting. For a few of them, I had my homestudy sent to their caseworkers, but there were a couple that I was no longer interested in once I received additional details. However, I'm still waiting to be matched.
Advertisements
angel619
I've inquired about several children on the photolisting. For a few of them, I had my homestudy sent to their caseworkers, but there were a couple that I was no longer interested in once I received additional details.
Same here!
I was told that the children in the photo listings are the ones that are the hardest to adopt, that's why the listings are online. I'm interested in a few sibling groups but who knows what will happen once we get more information.
I go through our state's (Texas) photolisting and have submitted on quite a few of them. It's the main way that our personal homestudy gets sent (after we submit the interest form then we get info on where our worker needs to send the homestudy.)
Most often photolistings are reserved for special needs children.
I have inquired about many many kids from photolistings, went to interview once before and then this week we were matched with two boys from a photo listing and started visits! They are considered harder to place (aged 12 and 13, with cystic fibrosis)...but are perfect for us!
Advertisements
We submitted an interest form and/or homestudy on quite a few kids about 3 years ago. We wound up getting placed with our daughter so stopped submitting when we did, but we were in the "final three" families for at least one kid.
I responded to a photo listing on here and got an immediate (within 10 minute) email reply from a woman at the DHR (department of human resources).
From this I went to the actual DHR website where they also have the two children listed. I found the state's website profile to be more upfront and honest than the photolisting was on here. The one here was edited for content and the "worst" bits were taken out. While neither my wife nor I care about the "worst" regarding these children (we are moving ahead with the process to attempt to adopt them) the information rubbed me a little wrong. I can understand perhaps why it was done but if a family isn't going to be willing to accept the problems these children have then it is better in my belief for them to find out about them right away.
Just a heads up to others, check the state web information if it exists.