Advertisements
Advertisements
Anyone adopted out of this home in Albany, NY? I am searching for my bio mother or any sibling from her.
omg!! How did you find this out? I still think my bm is living since my uncle who was the lawyer on the case would not give me any info. He said curiosity killed the cat.
Advertisements
opla
omg!! How did you find this out? I still think my birthmom is living since my uncle who was the lawyer on the case would not give me any info. He said curiosity killed the cat.
It's actually quite a long story but you can read it on my blog
[url=http://auntpattyadoptionblog.blogspot.com/]Aunt Patty's Adoption Blog[/url]
What isn't in the blog is that the adoptee was told how her mother had such a difficult time signing the relinquishment papers, delaying for almost five months.
Much of the non-id she received was inaccurate.
The mother, being told the twin daughters were stillborn, never signed anything.
On to you...is the uncle/attorney related to your adoptive parents or natural mother? If you email me your information, I'll take a look and see if I have any ideas.
Peace,
Aunt Patty
lovesdonna2@yahoo.com
I was born at Brady Maternity on March 4, 1948 and adopted in November 1950. I am looking for parents or any possible siblings.
Hi, did you sign up with New York State Mutual Consent Registry, isrr.net and have you checked to see if St. Catherine's Infant Home was involved and if they can give you any non-identifying information?
Hugs,
Aunt Patty
I had not heard of St. Catherine's before. What was that? I have not signed up with the NY State Mutual Consent Registry yet but I am planning to do so.
Advertisements
Many unwed mothers also worked with St. Catherine's Infant home. I'll try to get a contact person for you.
Please do sign up with the state and with isrr.net as well.
I did check with a nun who looked through St Catherine
s records and found nothing pertaining to my adoption. I have been signed up with ISSR, but not sure if I ever heard of the NYS Mutual Consent register.
The contact person for St. Catherine's is:
Ann Marie Cox, Senior Executive Assistant
40 North Main Ave. Albany, NY 12203
Phone: (518) 453 6700
Register with NY State Adoption Information Registry
[url=http://www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records/adoption.htm]Adoption Information Registry - New York State Department of Health[/url]
Click on adoption information and print two copies of the forms you need to send in. Keep one set in your binder, dated for when you mailed in the forms. Be sure to get the set you are sending in notarized.
Be sure you have the correct forms for your position in the adoption triad. Ex. Birthmother-Adoptee-Sibling
There are different forms for each aspect.
An adoptee can fill out the request for non-identifying information and the sibling registry.
Adoptee-http://www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records/forms/wdh30m.pdf
Sibling-http://www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records/forms/wd4181.pdf
If you are a birthmother, send in this set-
[url]http://www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records/forms/wd4065.pdf[/url]
The contact person for this registry is Peter M. Carucci.
His telephone number is (518) 474-3055
His email is pmc02@health. state.ny. us
His mailing address is
Peter Carucci
Director
Vital Records Section
New York State Department of Health
P. O. Box 2602
Albany, New York 12220-2602
His fax number is (518) 474-9168
Anytime you contact the state with any questions please be advised it needs to be in writing and mailed in. You can contact by email but quite often Mr. Carucci will want a "hard copy" to be sent in. You should receive a letter of confirmation from NY State that states they have received your information and you will be given a file and/or reference number.
This number corresponds with the information they have for you in their files. Once you receive this letter of confirmation, you can contact the agency involved with your adoption (if you have one).
Peace,
Aunt Patty
my mother was adopted from the St. Catherine's Infant Home... she was born on april 9, 1954... the only piece of information she has is her birth mother's name - rose esposito... anyone with info- please help!
Advertisements
My mother gave birth either at Brady or St Anne's or St Katherine's or the community Maternity service in Albany n NY she says she was sent there by social services ...
a place to check also Baptismal records are not sealed so a search of those is not a bad idea they often listed the birth mother (it is sadly crossed out) with the "parents names check the Dioceses for the records
I was born 06/06/1958 at the Maternity Hospital and Infant Home of Albany, NY. I have a baptism record and written on the back it says "Anita Miller child of Beverly Miller". My adoptive parents have been beyond awesome. I would like to meet my "lost" family members and share mine with them.
Looking for baby girl born in march of 1968 in Albany NY - mom was 15 years old when delivered baby. We think the adoption went through social services. The baby, now adult would be my FULL sister.
Thank you
Advertisements
i was born there in 1965 and adopted out to Ellen Hawthorn mo was Nettie price i believe any other info would be great
Natalie Ann (birth name) born 02/21/1958 Brady Hospital, searching for birth mom and twin brothers. Bmom was from Iowa, moved to Albany to live w/ brother and finish high school at age 16 after their mother died. Sound familiar; please let me know lovesdonna2 at yahoo dot com.