Advertisements
Advertisements
We found out late Monday night that our presentation day will be 8-20, so we were able to get tickets to fly this Sunday, 8-17.
We were really organized about packing, etc when we first heard about the referral, so we have not been going crazy with tasks (although there is still a lot to do), but I find that I am exhausted and almost paralyzed with anxiety and fear.
I keep worrying that something will go wrong to mess it up. I had 2 nightmares last night about getting to the presentation day, seeing the baby, and having them take her away from us.
I think some of this is based on our experience with our agency so far and some of it is probably normal anxiety...but I never imagined it would be such an unreal, exhausting time. Not that I'm complaining....it's great to be going! But strange, a little.
Congrats on getting a travel date! Nerves are normal, so try not to worry! I was terrified that Anna would take one look at me on presentation day and burst into tears,but she didn't! Everything will be great! Just relax, be flexible, and roll with the punches. In less than a week you will be a mommy!!!!
Advertisements
How exciting! Not too long from now you'll look back on how scared, worried, and nervous you were and it'll be a fond memory of your story to meet your daughter. Treasure every minute and every feeling!
Congratulations!!!!
I am excited to follow along with you blog.
She is beautiful!!
How long was your wait time?