Advertisements
Advertisements
I hope I can get some help with this (I'm cross-posting, by the way). We've been told by our agency that we have to return to Florida to finalize at the end of September. We've been told by friends that we can do this over the phone with our attorney present in court. It would certainly save a lot of money if we don't have to travel back to Florida. Has anyone else heard that it can be done over the phone? Thanks!
We finalized both of our adoptions over the phone. Our attorney was present in court and we were on conference call with a Notary present. Our second, we were Florida residents (though hours away) and stil did not need to be there.
Advertisements
mom2nathan
I hope I can get some help with this (I'm cross-posting, by the way). We've been told by our agency that we have to return to Florida to finalize at the end of September. We've been told by friends that we can do this over the phone with our attorney present in court. It would certainly save a lot of money if we don't have to travel back to Florida. Has anyone else heard that it can be done over the phone? Thanks!
We adopted our nephew out of foster care--he was in Florida, we live in Hawaii. We had to return to Florida for the adoption. We were never given any other option. Please check carefully with your attorney.