Advertisements
Advertisements
We are having our psych eval done on Saturday. Have you guys had any problems with your reports? We are just trying to avoid issues down the road.
Thanks,
Maureen
Ours was quite a few years ago, but it was a piece of cake. It was more annoying than anything. Some of the questions were strange and it seemed long, but I don't think there's anything to do to prepare other than show up, do it, and check it off your list! :arrow:
Advertisements
Ours was easy, but Colombia ended out asking for more information. Our psychologist was very surprised. She has done many of these kinds of evaluations before and felt that she said everything that was necessary.
It seemed that the Colombian government wanted more information on why we want to adopt and why we want to adopt from Colombia. We did have those topics covered in the original evaluation, but I guess they just wanted more. I would recommend that all the topics are thoroughly answered.
We had our evaluation adjusted which ended out costing more money and taking more time.
My advice is to make sure the psychologist knows exactly what the final report should look like. Our report had to be rewritten several times because it was not done correctly at first.