Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi all, I am new to this forum and hope to find my sister who was adopted 1953 or 54, by American military family - this is all I could find out. Her birth name is Elke and dob is 24.5.1953 in Trier/ Germany. The adoption office told me the new parents changed her first name... so are you anywhere out there?
I am also hoping to find my bio father who could have been an American military stationed in Trier or Koblenz in 1951 and might have ginger hair ... my mother's first name was Frieda.
I can confirm what the previous poster said- in Germany in the 1950's, illegitimate children were not always "taken away" from their mums but the social workers put lots of pressure on them to give them away right after birth as it was a shame and disgrace to be single mum... and social work had a lot of power to make life difficult for them if they refused. Our mother wanted to keep her children and loved them and worked in a restaurant at night while the neighbour did babysitting ( I met the neighbour), and social work took the kids away accusing her she would "go to work and not care for her children", so we came to different foster parents/ were adopted when she died 1954, only 29 years old... sorry for long story, however, I am 61 now and living in the UK and do not "need" a family any more, but would just like to know where my roots are... I think you understand.