Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello, I am just beginning the long search for my biological parents. I was born on July 12th, 1989 as Petrina Marie Hickey in St.John's Newfoundland. My birth mother's name was Melissa Hickey at the time of birth. If anyone has any information regarding this adoption please contact me. Thank you.
Make sure to register with ISRR (the International Soundex Reunion Registry) at isrr.net. Complete the form online then print and mail it in. They matched me to my bmother in a week. Also contact your local social services department (government) for consent for contact forms. This will get you started. If you can, quiz your aparents; they know more than they realize. It is a ridiculous situation that we have to search as if we were refugees or something. I wish you luck and strength...and of course a speedy and postive outcome!
Advertisements
I was born in New Brunswick and given up for adoption there almost 40 years ago. It was so easy for me to find non-identifying information through the provincial government social services department. When I was ready to actually find my birth parents (5 years later) there was an online form that I filled in and within three months they had found my birth mother. Perhaps NFLD has the same efficient service?
Best of luck to you!
Skylar