Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I are in the planning stages of adoption. We have two bio kids and in a few years (after I'm done with nursing school), we are hoping to adopt.
I would personally like to adopt 2 small children (no older then 3). I know most countries allow sibsets, which is definitely something we are interested in, but after reading through the forms, I've seem some people adopt two children simultaneously that aren't related. I know certian countries have restrictions on that, but which ones allow it?
Off the top of my head these are the countries I can think of:
Russia
Ethiopia
Ukraine
I THINK
Kyrgyzstan
Keep in mind that some agencies don't agree with the notion of adopting unrelated children and won't allow you to do so. PM me and I can give you the name of an agency that works in Russia and Ukraine. They allow unrelated children to be adopted but you cannot request two girls under the age of three; mainly because they want families to adopt boys too.
Advertisements
Haiti allows it as well, though it's possible you may run into some difficulty adopting from Haiti with two bio kids already.
I adopted two unrelated Children from Zambia. When I asked if I could adopted two boys not one they head a meeting and got back to me the next day saying yes. Often times here in Zambia there are twins and sibbling sets under the age of 5.
Advertisements
What is the problems with adopting more than one from Haiti. I have just begun the process to adopt and the girl I am going to adopt has two sisters in the orphanage with her. I don't know if that is an option for me personally but I do want to know all my options. Have you adopted from Haiti? I would love to talk to someone who has successfully adopted from there. All the people I know who are adopting from Haiti are still in the process. To date, none have came to completion. Looking forward to you input.
We adopted two from Russia. We requested a girl (up to 18 mos.) and a boy (up to 4 yrs.). The agency found us boy/girl 6-mo. old twins.