Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,everybody. I'm new to forum.I live in Cleveland,Ohio/USA/ and want to adopt from Canada. Please, if anybody can share info or personal experience,or even advice, I'll appreciate your help.
Thanks.
hatulya
Hi,everybody. I'm new to forum.I live in Cleveland,Ohio/USA/ and want to adopt from Canada. Please, if anybody can share info or personal experience,or even advice, I'll appreciate your help.
Thanks.
Since each province has its own procedures and policies, your first step might be to contact the government agency that does adoption in the province that you are interested in. Or you could find an adoption lawyer in your area who might be able to answer any questions. That said, I understand it is nearly impossible to do this, unless the child is your relative or a family could not be found in Canada.
Advertisements
Hi,
Could you just clarify - are you a Canadian citizen living in the US, or an American citizen wanting to adopt from Canada? The latter would not be possible, but if you are Canadian I would think that would make a difference.
I'm Canadian, and I'm finding barrier after barrier, even within my own province (GRRR!!), let alone from others.
Why not look at US foster care/private adoption? Seems much more prevalent there.