Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a question for single moms. I am a single working woman and I was reading over the homestudy questions that my agency may ask me. I am obviously going to keep working once my child comes home. One of the homestudy questions is who is going to watch my child when I am working. I was wondering if anyone has come upon this question. My plan is day care and have a family member watch her. Many people frown upon day care so I was wondering if anyone has stated they are going to put there child in day care while they are working and how was that looked upon?
thanks for your advice :flower:
Single working Mom here ( also a nurse ). My agency just wanted to know if I had things thought thru..my son was in the hospital based child care center at 4 months old. His birth mom knew tha twas the plan from the beginning and still choose me! Good luck on your journey
Advertisements
I am also a single mother. When I did my homestudy, the social worker was just looking to see that I had a plan. At that point I was considering day care or a nanny, so had no set plan, but that was okay. As long as I had thought about it and realized it was an issue.
Nursie222
I have a question for single moms. I am a single working woman and I was reading over the homestudy questions that my agency may ask me. I am obviously going to keep working once my child comes home. One of the homestudy questions is who is going to watch my child when I am working. I was wondering if anyone has come upon this question. My plan is day care and have a family member watch her. Many people frown upon day care so I was wondering if anyone has stated they are going to put there child in day care while they are working and how was that looked upon?
thanks for your advice :flower:
Also single working mom here...
I am an adoptive parent and a foster parent...The most I have ever taken off was 1 day. Except after my kids were adopted when I took 3 weeks off..but I had to save save save to do that and it was like 10 months later....but anyhoo
Daycare is a must for me....I cannot afford to take off every time I get a placement.
My response to the naysayers is if it bothers you so much that my kids are in daycare then maybe you should keep them during the day. I even had a lady ask me how I could dare adopt children just to put them in daycare. I said if you and your husband were standing in line to adopt the many children in foster care, then single moms like myself probably wouldn't have to....she wasn't too pleased and I haven't said much to her since. (Although I adopted just so I could be a mommy, not to "save a child" I just was fed up with her smart mouth, so I let her have it)
It's funny how no one says anything to single parents who give birth...but don't even get me started on that.
It shouldn't be an issue that your child is in daycare..there are many couples that have to work and have to put their adopted/foster child in daycare...your SW shouldn't have a problem with that as long as it's licensed....they know many people can't afford to be stay at home parents and don't look for reasons to turn you away from adopting/fostering....
I'm a single working foster mom and daycare was not an issue. I researched centers before my homestudy, so I had some info. when the topic came up.
BTW- I think daycare is awesome for my little man. We are lucky to have a loving center- he has bonds with the workers there and with the other babies in his class. He's the littlest, and the slightly older girls in his class dote on him. He is so loved. There are issues that so come up, but I guess there would be issues regardless of what kind of childcare you have!
Advertisements