Advertisements
Advertisements
Obama's grandmother has passed away, after a battle with cancer.
Politics are put totally aside, of course. This is a human moment in life we all sadly share no matter what.
I'm personally saddened that such a strong figure in his life is unable to see this historic election in it's full. I'm sad for both Obama and his grandmother. I'm sure this is an overwhelmingly emotional time now for his family and I send my deepest sympathies to them. I can't imagine such celebration and such sorrow having to mix so closely.
-Binky
I'm so glad he got to see her last week and I'm sure they said their goodbyes then. Still...one day short...:( (to see it all, I mean...regardless of the outcome)
Advertisements
I was completely devasted when I heard this news. I can't imagine what this must be like for him and his family right now.
How devasting!! I'm sorry to hear this too. On the eve of such an important night for his family.
I send my sympathies as well, for to have to go on and keep his emotions "hidden" so to speak, is a very tough thing to do. For if anything at all , most all of us here at a.com, manage to go through each day with grief in our hearts and we do this , most times alone. I hope he takes time with his family, when this is over, to celebrate his Grandmother, and all that she helped him become!