Advertisements
Advertisements
[url=http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=3dc4a2a6-5395-44d6-993a-888f7659b7f8]Early Arkansas Returns: Adoption Ban, Lottery Passing|ABC24-CW30 Eyewitness News | Memphis, TN[/url]
A single person gay or not gay won't be able to adopt or foster in Arkansas. It's NOT right!
Advertisements
Congress will likely pass laws that will strike down any state laws regarding gay marriage... followed by hate crimes legislation.
The real loosers in this vote...the kids in foster care.
How many of the people of Arkansas, who voted this law into effect, are going to adopt these hard to place children? VERY FEW! It is a sad situation.
That being said, try being a single father and inquire about a child in Florida. I did several years ago. They won't even accept a home study from the worker, who also called. No laws on the books against single fathers, just no workers will respond to single fathers.
I hate stereotyping.
Well, ignorance of others and their "radical" ideas is still alive and well. I'd have to move out of Arkansas and I cannot imagine what a sad choice that would be. Children need committed parents. Gay or straight, black or white, Christian or not.
Advertisements
This such a sad thing because i know many singel parents who are GREAT parents and do a very good job! The real loss is going to be for the chidlren!
My mom was a single mom and she raised me fine. I also know some same sex families and the kids are doing wondeful. Sad day indeed!
I cant help but wonder if people was a little confused when voting on this subject. I went in there thinking I wanted to vote FOR gay/and singles adopting/fostering. But after reading it several times I relized I had to vote AGAINST the ban to stop them from fostering.
Advertisements
So, are they now giong to do what some accuse CPS of doing? Track down pregnant single women and steal their babies?
This is really disheartening after such an historical presidential election. :(
Well if this law was true in Cali my daughter wouldn't have her AWESOME Mom, so yeah, I think the law is downright tragic.
It's awful any way you look at it. The one's that will be hurt the most is the kids. I'm wondering how/if this effects domestic or international adoptions. Or just foster adoptions.
Advertisements
You all seem to have the new law a little wrong.
It is not a ban against single parent adoption, but a ban against unmarried couples (of any sex) fostering or adopting.
Which is even worse as far as discrimination...
Please read this thread, it's amazing how bigotted people still are.
[URL="http://forums.adoption.com/foster-parent-support/347336-questions-about-arkansas-adoption-act.html"]http://forums.adoption.com/foster-parent-support/347336-questions-about-arkansas-adoption-act.html[/URL]
Indy
The real loosers in this vote...the kids in foster care.
How many of the people of Arkansas, who voted this law into effect, are going to adopt these hard to place children? VERY FEW! It is a sad situation.
That being said, try being a single father and inquire about a child in Florida. I did several years ago. They won't even accept a home study from the worker, who also called. No laws on the books against single fathers, just no workers will respond to single fathers.
I hate stereotyping.
Its even harder if your gay. Florida law forbids gay adoption under any circumstance.