Advertisements
Advertisements
I don't think a mother ever forgets her baby--even if she never got the chance to hold it or even see it. As far as the date goes, (unlike these days) years ago you were so drugged before, during and after the birth that you may not remember exactly when it occured--and if you were in a "home", they didn't want you to remember any of it--you were not even told whether you had a boy or girl. So you can't forget what you didn't know.
Repress? yes, to actually dwell on what had happened would be torture--so you put it into the back recesses of your mind and try not to think about it. Thoughts of your child pop up at certain times of the year; or when you see someone who could resemble your child and is about the right age; and at different times such as the start of school, prom, graduation and weddings. You wonder and worry about your child at these times, and you pray that they were adopted into a family who loves them and gives them all the things that you couldn't. You love that little baby that you never saw and couldn't keep. You pray that they are healthy and happy and living a good life. Your prayers are all you can give them at that time.
Advertisements
no a birth mom does not ever forget.. at least this one hasn't every birthday every holiday every time school starts I wonder how is she doing in school is she dating now is she in college now adn so on... everyday there is something that happens that makes me think of her and pray that one day she will forgive me and search for me .. :wings:
I have never forgotten my son and never forgot his birthday. I remember all his stats: time of birth, weight, length, and yes, I remember what he looked like.
My bmom forgot. Well, she forgot my birthday. I lived with her for over 5 years before being removed. I was removed at the same time as all 6 of my siblings were. Many years later when I asked her what my birthday was her response was "I had so many kids how could I possibly remember them all." She never could tell me -- and I never told her.
Samantha
I'm sorry that this happened to you. It must have been really hard to be taken at that age. Your mother probably had a pretty hard life and granted she may not remember the date--but I'll bet she remembers your birth and the time she spent with you then. By not acknowledging rememberances of your children, you can close off and protect the vulnerable part of your heart that would be hurt.
Advertisements
I never forget Oct 19, 1996, 7:36 pm. My daughter was born.
I was an adoptee as well and giving her up was hard as It could be. I feel like I condemed my child to the same sad life I have lived for 31 years.
Her dad was a heroin addict who ran around with other women, so I guess it was a better life. I just hope she isn't treated as horribly as I was.
My daughter will be 4 on 12/12. Her bmom has never ever forgot her bday, holidays, etc. She has pictures of our daughter from birth till now. We will continue to send pictures until age 18. Then it's up to my daughter on what she wants to do.
overtherainbow103
does a bmom ever forget her baby? does she forget their birthdays.. what they looked like when they were first born?
Sometimes, they forget. I once was sent a christmas card from my bmom, and she asked me if I wanted to meet her since I was now 18. Actually, I was 16. And the date that she had was wrong. Now that I know more about her, this isn't really much of a shock, but at the time it re-opened a raw wound, and I remember feeling so very hurt and angry about it.