Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi - I am Candy and have been reunited with my two sons surrendered at birth in the 60's - it has been the best thing that has happened in my life!
If anyone is needing search angel help, I am a member of a couple groups who have lot's of resources and we never charge a fee. We love helping! Contact me for information.
Hi, I would love some help please.
D.O.B. - 1/22/1962, Born in Miami, Dade Co.) FL
Adoption took place on: 7-7-1962 in Waukegan,
(Lake Co.) IL
Adoption Decree No. 25756
Private adoption: Seymour Layfer (attorney) Deceased
Name at birth: Tracy Robinson
B-Moms name: Faye Robinson
Adopted name: Angela Lee Harris
Advertisements
Hi Angela - is it Faye you are searching for? Do you have any non identifying info such as her age or education or ethnicity and race?
imagdrider
Hi, I would love some help please.
D.O.B. - 1/22/1962, Born in Miami, Dade Co.) FL
Adoption took place on: 7-7-1962 in Waukegan,
(Lake Co.) IL
Adoption Decree No. 25756
Private adoption: Seymour Layfer (attorney) Deceased
Name at birth: Tracy Robinson
B-Moms name: Faye Robinson
Adopted name: Angela Lee Harris
Hi Candy,
Wow, thanks for your speedy reply. : ) Yes, it is Faye I'm searching for. Supposedly she and the birthfathers families hailed from the Illinois, Wisconsin and St. Louis areas, but who knows if thats true. My Mom said she looked to be around 18-21 yrs old at the time of my adoption in 1962 and that she was caucasian and smoked.
Candy,
If you could give any direction or help in finding a lost family member, it would be appreciated. All we have is birthdate and possible adoption area. Thanks. Kay
Advertisements
Hi Candy,
I was born in Illinois, February 5, 1953. I just filled out all my paperwork including the non-certified birth certificate. My question is this: I was adopted from the Cradle Society. I will be contacting an intermediary there but will Illinois still have the adoption information?
spike - Thanks in advance!
HI Spike,
Yes, IL will have your original certificate with your birth mother's name, age, place of birth and mailing address at the time of your birth.
Would you consider having a search angel, me or any other of your choosing, do the search before using an intermediary? I think we do a better job! LOL
Once you have your OBC, the info you have is often plenty to find her without too much trouble. Now and then, but not often, there has been incorrect info on the OBC - some ages of parent are off, some names are fudged a bit (i.e. one name was shortened, one surname changed from Brown to Green, and one mother's age off by 10 years!!!) That is not the norm though, most often it's all correct. If the mother stayed in a maternity home her mailing address is sometimes listed as the home's address rather than her personal one.
Will The Cradle do the search at no charge? Did you request non identifying info from them? They would probably charge you for that, but I don't know how much.
spikeb
Hi Candy,
I was born in Illinois, February 5, 1953. I just filled out all my paperwork including the non-certified birth certificate. My question is this: I was adopted from the Cradle Society. I will be contacting an intermediary there but will Illinois still have the adoption information?
spike - Thanks in advance!
1 Liked
 likes this.
Candy,
Are you still willing to help? I have, what I believe, to be my birthmother's information but every time I attempt to contact, I get no response.
Please let me know and I will email with further details. Thanks.
~Chris
Hello,
Do you know any search Angels that work with Nevada adoptions. I have minimal information, I have hospital, date of birth, weight, time, doctor and adoption agency and a possible first name and age of birth mom. From a letter from social worker it appears that my birth mother was actually from the Midwest who came to Reno to give birth and give me up for adoption in 1969.
Any help on anyone who can help me would be so appreciated. I have been looking via internet and had paid a search company who has since gone out of business with no luck. :(
Thanks,
Julie Lipelt
Advertisements
Hello,
Do you know any search Angels that work with Nevada adoptions. I have minimal information, I have hospital, date of birth, weight, time, doctor and adoption agency and a possible first name and age of birth mom. From a letter from social worker it appears that my birth mother was actually from the Midwest who came to Reno to give birth and give me up for adoption in 1969.
Any help on anyone who can help me would be so appreciated. I have been looking via internet and had paid a search company who has since gone out of business with no luck. :(
Thanks,
Julie Lipelt
Hi Julie - sorry I missed your post til now.
Members are search angels who work in teams - you know, two head are better than one? LOL I don't know anything much about NV searches, but hopefully someone there will be able to help. I am a member, but not for NV. If you sign up and don't get help, let me know.
:wings:
babyfrom1969
Hello,
Thanks,
Julie Lipelt
Hi Candy...my name is Amelia...I think I found my birth mom through my half sister that I found on here but every time I send my application to the adoption record place in Austin, Texas...they send it back to me...pretty much saying that it is the wrong name...but I have to tell ya...something is wrong...I have seen pictures of my supposed birth mom and she is ME (but older of course) she gave up two of four kids...my adoption agency "outline" of my birth mom is on the money with this woman...but she will not acknowledge me without proper paperwork... :(
If you or anyone you might know that can help me out...that would be AWESOME!!!
Amelia
sister7
Hi - I am Candy and have been reunited with my two sons surrendered at birth in the 60's - it has been the best thing that has happened in my life!
If anyone is needing search angel help, I am a member of a couple groups who have lot's of resources and we never charge a fee. We love helping! Contact me for information.
Hi Amelia,
Would you please pm me the details - your DOB, county, suspected mother's name, what agency was used for your adoption, your birth certificate number - anything you know or rumors you've heard.
I'll take a look and see what I think.
:wings:
Advertisements
Hello, I have just recently began actively searching for my birth parents and came across your offer of providing a search angel. If you are still providing this service, I would greatly appreciate any help I can get! Thank you!
SJ
Hi! Our Reunion Registry is wonderful and has the largest database of people seeking each other. Check it out and see if you can find who you are searching for. You never know when time will fill the void and your family member will reach out to you.
http://registry.adoption.com/
Good Luck!