Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm a major bookworm as some of you may know so how about you?
What books have you all been reading lately and what are your favorites?
I'm reading another vampire series, have lots of books in a stack to read still, but I'm always looking for more.
So, what are some of your favorite books?
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Stieg Larsson) was awesome...just finished.
Also just read Into the Woods and The Likeness by Tana French...terrific as well.
They all were mysteries, but really well written ones!
If you like vampire stuff, have you read The Historian? (Also, do you watch True Blood on HBO? Can't wait for that to come back!!).
Advertisements
Actually, I love mysteries also and I haven't read or heard of The Historian before.
And I haven't watched True Blood cause I don't have cable at the moment, but the vampire series I'm reading is the basis for the show True Blood - the Sookie Stackhouse Vampire series :).
Oh, you will love The Historian, I think. It's a vampire mystery about Vlad the Impaler (the author's name is escaping me). I want to read the Sookie series but I don't want to know what's coming on the show (it's one of the few series I watch "regularly"). I heard the books are better than the series!
One of the best mysteries I ever read was the 13th Tale. British, understated, but a total shock ending.
Tigger...
Tess Gerristsen...The Bone Garden...
Divorcee buys old place/discovers skelton buried in flower garden...then totally wraps you in this story about the 1830's and life in Boston with amazing plot lines and stories, manages today's storyline with the 1830's storyline...could not put the book down...must read.
Eliazbeth Lowell...Always Time to Die...
Set in New Mexico, genealogist hired to research family history (who is also adopted/closed). Greed and wealth and family name all part of it and of course murder old and new...very well written and I was suprised as I thought she was only a romance writer. Very nice suprise...learned alot about the culture and history as well.
Robin Cook of course...
Take care,
Dickons
Advertisements
I am a geek I guess as I am currently reading Eclipse from the Twilight series, but before I started the Twilight series I read Water for Elephants and it was very good.
Fern Michaels has a series of books, there are like about 15 of them - I've read them all - but anyways, it's the Sisterhood series, its about this group of females who have been wronged by the legal/judical system and they seek revenge on the people who wronged them - can be pretty graphic but some of the stuff these ladies to these people is hilarious!