Advertisements
Advertisements
One day shy of being home a month, we recieved Layla's certificate of citizenship. YIPPEE!!!!
Congrats to you and your family! Have just begun considering adopting from Vietnam and was told that no new applications are being accepted at this time due to the lapse of an agreement between the US and Vietnam. Not sure if this is temporary or if it could a matter of years before its resolved. Were you already well into the process when this happened? Any new info available? Thank you for your time!!!
Advertisements
Vietnam closed (again) in 2008. No news on when the country will be available for intercountry adoptions. Hopefully it won't be too long. My wife & I would love to adopt from Vietnam again for our third child.
zenmama
Congrats to you and your family! Have just begun considering adopting from Vietnam and was told that no new applications are being accepted at this time due to the lapse of an agreement between the US and Vietnam. Not sure if this is temporary or if it could a matter of years before its resolved. Were you already well into the process when this happened? Any new info available? Thank you for your time!!!
Thank you. My dossier was received by my agency on April 9, 2007. So from start to finish the process was 20 months. Initially it was supposed to be only 9 months to referral. Aw, the best made plans.
Right now, Vietnam is closed, but I've talks are in the works. I've heard a major problem with negotiations will be the fact that the US wants transparent adoptions and Vietnam's government is not a fan of the transparency. I hope they are able to work a deal out so more kids can come home.