Advertisements
Advertisements
Tonight when I logged on, I noticed that all of the site's pages are stretched really wide. I have to use the horizontal scroll bar to read each post, which is really a pain in the neck.
Also as of this evening, the Netscape browser is no longer working with the site. The left-hand side of the screen is completely cut off.
So, I switched to my Firefox browser, and noticed the page stretching on all areas of the site. It's especially annoying, though, when reading posts.
Yes, I know that if I change my resolution to the max, I can probably cut down the size... But I have an older machine, and I try to watch my memory resources carefully. The screen resolution seems to work best at 800x600 pixels for my computer.
Is there any way of fixing this? Thanks for your time. :)
As unpopular as this may be with some of you - we've made the decision as a company, based on extensive research, to make this change.
800X600 pxls is no longer supported.
The only way to 'fix' it would be to change your resolution to 1024X768 or upgrade your system/buy a new display, provided your graphics card could handle the newer displays available.
Advertisements
Brandy, I'm sorry to hear this news. I did try changing my resolution, so that I didn't have the horizontal scroll bar. However, the text size is too small for these aging eyes of mine.
I'd love to buy a new system. However, the current economic climate has wreaked havoc with our household budget. We'll be lucky if we don't lose our home in the next few months.
I guess I'll just have to drastically reduce my time spent on the site. Sigh....
ETA: Do you know if there is a command string I could place in my user.css file that would force the page to render as it did before last night's "upgrade"?
I have confirmed that the pages outside of the homepage are wider than 1024 and I'm working to get that resolved - but it still won't impact those of you who view sites in 800X600 - you will still have a scroll bar.
Those with the larger resolution won't have to scroll any longer.
Advertisements
Alright, the issue has been addressed. Those of you with 1024 (or higher) resolutions will no longer be required to scroll.
I guess if anyone needs to talk with me you can pm me.
Not that I really think I will be missed. It just takes up so much time to read the threads this way.
Your forum your rules, maybe if I get a new computer I will come back.
Hugs to all it has been fun, probably see some of you elsewhere.