Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone done the Foster-to-Adopt process in NC? My husband & I would love to know as many details about foster-to-adopt as possible! We would love to know the different experiences others have had. The tiny little details of it all too! We would also like to know the expenses side to it. What we have read is unclear. We would love to hear from another NC'er whom has gone through the experience & could explain. You can PM us if you would like too!
Thanks so much!:flower:
Hi! My hubbie and I are in the beginning stages of getting licensed to foster and adopt. Our MAPPS classes are set to begin later this month. So if you want to tag along, I don't mind sharing our experiences with you guys at all.:)
Advertisements
My wife and I began the TAPP training through the Children's Home in Winston-Salem, NC on July 6, 2011 and completed training in early September 2011. (TAPP is their version of MAPP.) We submitted our completed application to the state of NC for our Foster Care license on January 6, 2012.
The Children's Home has exceeded our expectations far and above anything we could have imagined. They are on top of EVERY aspect of the process and very open (& honest) with everyone about timing, requirements, challenges, etc. involved in the foster-to-adopt process.
If you'll notice, it was 6 months to the day that we started the TAPP classes when we submitted our Foster Care Certification application. Now we are waiting on the state to process the paperwork, and that can take up to 60 days. Come March 6 (or near that date), we'll begin the matching process. We are very excited about this and can't wait to expand our family.
My husband and I are currently in the beginning stage of the foster to adopt process, if any of you ladies mind we could really use some tips as we are overwhelmed
I know this is an old thread, but I'd be interested in hearing a lot more about this process, either here or privately, if anyone has any insight.
I also took MAPP training with Children's Home, but decide I wasn't ready to commit to Foster to Adopt and switch to the local DSS to foster only. I'm single with now kids and wanted to know if I could really do it before commiting to foster to adopt. Now 3 years later I'm heading to adoption my foster placement.
Advertisements