Advertisements
Advertisements
OK, I know they say it happens when you least expect it. But I didn't beleive that until we got a call on Valentine's Day morning! We got a referral for a beautiful 13 month old girl. :love:
After a week of looking into some medical issues and her background, we decided to go for it. Every time I look at her photographs she looks more and more like our daughter! I just want to pick her up and bring her home. :grouphug:
So now we wait for travel dates. We don't even know what region she is in for sure, but we know she was born in Chorzow, so she is probably there or Katowice I guess. We should know more about the region by tomorrow (I hope).
In the meantime, we are making many lists!
I haven't updated the blog yet, but will do that soon.
Thanks all for lending an ear through the tough times. I will no doubt have several questions while we prepare to travel.
I just checked your blog this afternoon, I've been wondering why you were so quiet!!! This is wonderful news!!! Has it been about 12 months since you sent in your dossier?
Congrats a million times over!!!!
Kelly:banana:
Advertisements
Congratulations!!! Awesome! From now one Valentines day will have an extra special meaning to you! Can't wait to hear more!
Oh - we LOVE referrals!
I'm so glad yours came before the summer when everything seems to come to a screeching halt. We'll be praying that your dates for travel and court come well before then.
Congratulations, it's a GIRL! :)
Advertisements
Congratulations, what a wonderful Valentine's day. We spent lots of time in Katowice last Valentine's day, let me know if you need any info on the area.
Best wishes for a speedy court date, I can't wait to hear more.
Jennifer,
I am so very happy for you and your family on the good referral. But I can't help but be surprised when I look at your timeline dates that were pretty expedient. I cringe when I think we are into our third year of waiting--because of the long wait, all our paper work expired and we had to have our fingerprints redone, another social worker visit, a renewed 171, etc.
Again, I am very happy for you, but we have been waiting for a single child at least a year longer and I am just curious if there is some secret? Maybe you have a better agency? Is one of you a Polish citizen? Did you fly to Poland to meet people? Did you get any feedback on the wait--was your timeline normal for your agency?
Regardless, we wish you great success in Poland.
LuLu
Thanks all for the kind words. We are absolutely thrilled, but oblivious at the same time! We have a lot to learn and a lot to do. I'm talking with our agency tonight and will hopefully get an approximate travel time. I understand that so much depends on the region and judge.
Lulu- Our wait seemed unbearable, so I can only imagine yours. I will PM you on agency and other details.
Congratulation! I'm so thrilled for you!!! And perfect season for it, too! You'll be there during Spring or Summer. Couldn't think of a better time to visit Poland.
Can't wait to hear more!
HyLo [six weeks back in the US with three children]
Advertisements
Sorry, I'm a bit behind on the forum :-)
But...CONGRATS! Can't wait to hear about your travel dates and your first meeting!
Congratulations! How exciting! Wishing you speedy travel dates... :)
~sarah
[url=http://notesfrombungalow6.blogspot.com/]based on a true story...[/url]