Advertisements
Advertisements
I am so frustrated, sometimes I think parents who are part of a couple have ZERO understanding of parenting as a Single, I know I made this choice, but - ARRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH -
Sometimes I need help!
I am really beginning to think I can't do this without a partner.
Those who have jobs that require odd hours or live away from family, what do you do?
How do you make plans to attend necessary things, where children aren't welcome, like a funeral for instance?
I had a babysitter who I paid higher than average so she would ALWAYS come to me when I called. If she were not available, I sent a sympathy/congratulations/Happy Birthday card and didn't go.
My circle of friends did get smaller -- mostly single and divorced mothers who understood and were okay with doing things where kids WERE welcome -- or chipping in for two sitters.
Advertisements
Hi Libby,
No idea of how you would feel about it or if it would work for you, but I googled "seniors who want to be an adopted grandparent" and there are programs in senior citizen communities etc that try to help bring people together so a mom has someone in her neighborhood when her family lives far away.
Not saying it would work or that there were not going to be concerns you would want to address, but it may be worthwhile seeing if your community has some type of program.
Kind regards,
Dickons
Thanks for the replies, keep the ideas coming if you have them. My problem is I need Weekends, I have been relying on a Friend, who watches him 5 days a week, I have a weekend and a weekday off. I feel like I am imposing on family time and I panic whenever I am looking for "coverage" for a particular day.
I get all caught up in what am I going to do if someone can't watch him, then the guilt sets in because I dont' want it to be just "someone".
I used to have a college girl that helped out on weekneds but she got a real job. Most times it all works out fine, but today I was in a panic.
:thankyou: :woohoo: :thankyou: :woohoo: :thankyou: :woohoo: :thankyou: :woohoo:
There is a Senior community not too far, definitely worth checking out.
LibbyHawkins
Thanks for the replies, keep the ideas coming if you have them. My problem is I need Weekends, I have been relying on a Friend, who watches him 5 days a week, I have a weekend and a weekday off. I feel like I am imposing on family time and I panic whenever I am looking for "coverage" for a particular day.
I get all caught up in what am I going to do if someone can't watch him, then the guilt sets in because I dont' want it to be just "someone".
I used to have a college girl that helped out on weekneds but she got a real job. Most times it all works out fine, but today I was in a panic.
:thankyou: :woohoo: :thankyou: :woohoo: :thankyou: :woohoo: :thankyou: :woohoo:
There is a Senior community not too far, definitely worth checking out.
Our foster/adoption group swaps babysitting and respite.
Yep, that would be an better option if you have a baby sitter, as because she'll be available all the time when ever we needs to leave to some, but I do think that our relatives would rather be helpful too but not as babysitter. If none is available then just tell them not possible to be present there. Just send them the card.:grouphug:
[url=http://www.toy-electric-cars.co.uk/Razor-pocket-rocket-miniature-electric-motorcycle-77.html]electric Razor Pocket Rocket[/url]
Advertisements
hiring a babysitter is a big help or if you have a relative living nearby then maybe you can drop your child there. just be strong and soon, everything will fall into place. i know it's hard to take care of a child alone, im married but my husband is working abroad and it's really hard. i wanted to give up also but still at the end of the day you brought life to this child and you are responsible for him/her. it's mentally, physically and emotionally draining but we still survive :)
_________
[URL="http://wwwbingotime.co.uk/play"]take a peek at my newborn baby :)[/URL]