Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Monica
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I have a question for anyone BORN at Edna Gladney. I am searching for an adoptee and curious to know what hospital it might say he was born at? So, can you tell me what hospital your birth certificate says you were born at (if you were born AT edna gladney)?
Also, I believe I have found the adoptee I am looking for. I have 12 names and one of them IS him. But, I'm a little nervous to start calling around looking for him. I was wondering if anyone could tell me... are there any reasons an adoptee would not want to get to know their biological family? I've searched the internet high and low and he has not been looking any time in the recent past. He also has not left any messages in his Edna Gladney file. Should I call and try to find him or should I leave him alone?
Thank you for all of your help. Please e-mail me (if that is okay) any advice or info. you might have regarding my questions.
Best of luck to all of you!
Sincerely,
Monica
My e-mail address is Shirlus@charter.net
If 8/27/78 is the birthdate your baby was born, then it might be me. I am a girl born at 11:15 a.m. at the Duncan Memorial Hospital. It was finalized I believe March 8, 1979 in Tarrant County District 231
Advertisements
I was adopted from gladney/ duncan memorial july 1968. My birthdate is supposed to have been 6/25/68, actually recieved by my adoptive parents two weeks later. I would love to find out ANYTHING from there, even a mother who was there close to that time. I have three children of my own, one who has heart problems and I have nothing to tell his doctors to help. If anyone has anything that might be helpful, please let me know.
I would like to know if anyone knows how to get a birth index for the 1983 all females. I keep hearing this exist does it?
I was just wandering about the above post stating that the girls are now delivering at Harris Methodist. Is there a special ward there for the Gladney girls or is there a possibility that they would be in a room with a mother who is not placing her child?
I was at the Gladney Center in 1985 and it sure got crowded in the room I was in after I had the baby. Strange as it seems several of us all delivered on the same day Mother's Day 1985.
:cheer: [font=Comic Sans MS]Hello! and HURRAY FOR YOU!!!:clap: [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]I read your posting, and I am a child who's birth mother was at the Edna Gladney Center. PLEASE, contact your son! I would give ANYTHING if my birth mother or birth father would just contact me! I am constantly on the computer looking for a way to contact my birth mom or dad. I truly believe that just about every child who was given up for adoption, has an empty spot in their hearts that no one can fill but their biological parents. After having 2 girls of my own, and knowing the love I have for them,I know it takes alot of love and courage to give up a child you gave birth to; but YES, find him, talk to him as soon as you can, and above all, tell him how much you love him!![/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]To me, personally, that would be "priceless!" It would fill such a void in my heart, and give my girls a grandparent or two to love as well!!!! [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Good luck, God bless, and let me know how it turns out, if you'd like![/font]
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Monica:
I posted a reply once before, but I just had to post one more!
I HAVE FOUND MY FAMILY, AT LAST!! Unfortunately, my mama and daddy have BOTH passed away! I know the first phone call can be scarey, but oh how wonderful it is to know your family. I took the chance, made the phone calls, and I have been blessed with the BEST Christmas gift of my life, my REAL family! PLEASE, above all, waste not one second more, and call and find your son! Life is short, don't lose him! Every minute that goes by is a memory you could have had! I ended up with a BIG family, and 2 wonderful sisters out of this search, and some adorable nephews, even though my parents have passed on! I'd never have known them if I hadn't picked up that phone. They were searching for me too. Good luck, Monica!
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hello Everyone,
I gave birth to a son on 11/11/80 at Gladney. I started posting on every site I could find from the time that he turned 18. I would search and hit a dead end and lose hope, but then after a week or so go about it again. I could not afford an PI, and sometime I think I was bothering my husband as he had given 2 boys up to SCDSS in 1993. So I could see some hurt in him sometimes. But I knew in my heart when the time was right I would find him. I also knew that males sometimes are slower to search than females. Well, 9/2004 I got that wonderful call, and it is like we were never seperated. His adopted mom is wonderful, she has shared pictures with me since we have been reunited of his growing up. She sends me cards on special occasions and when he had surgery last year, I was the first one on her list that she had to call. The last thing that she said to me before I got on the plane to come home after I went out to meet them was "remember we share a son". My husband says that we have had the perfect reunion. I had heard lots of horror stories about it and was worried. But it will all work out for all of you. Byron has a sister that was adopted from Gladney also, she was the one doing the searching, and she ran across one of my posts, and showed their mom and then they showed him. It took him a day to decide if that was what he wanted to do, and 2 to track me down as we had moved a few times. But the reward was worth it to him, me and all of our families. SO PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP, NOTHING WORTH HAVING COMES EASY.
:wings:
Advertisements
Hello...I had a daughter at Edna Gladney March 29, 1987. She would be 23 yesterday. I have put my name and all the information I have about her. I delivered at Duncan Memorial Hospital.. please visit my page if you have any information that could help me find her...
Thank you,
Dusty DiMellio
Hi I was adopted through the edna gladney home and I was born at duncan memorial hospital. I am also going through the same kind of situation. I am trying to find my birth family and they have not registed at gladney or looked for me on the computer. I dont know why you wouldn't want to know about your biological family. Good luck
I am 41 and have not registered yet but have looked on the net. There are a lot of reasons I have never registered and none of them have to do with not wanting to meet my mother and father very badly. I don't know how your child will react but go for it. I think it would be wrong not to contact him/her. Anyway thats just how I see it. Oh also I was born in 69 and at the time Duncan Memorial was the hospital used. Well good luck I hope your child is happy to hear from you ... I sure would be.
still not getting any information on my daughter...please if you was born March 29, 1987...and at Edna Gladney...please write back...thank you
Advertisements
I'm wanting to locate my birth mother but not sure where to even start or how to get information. All I know is I came from Edna Gladney. Thats about it. I was born in april 1985
Hello, I messaged you a while ago on some other website. It amounted to nothing. But I still cannot write you off as my birth mother. I was born on March 26th, 1987. My adopted birth certificate was dated for June. I received some non identifying information about my birth parents. Birth mom was relatively short around 5'3", I believe her mother was even shorter. Birth father was kind of tall. Please email me back.
Hello...I had a daughter at Edna Gladney March 29, 1987. She would be 23 yesterday. I have put my name and all the information I have about her. I delivered at Duncan Memorial Hospital.. please visit my page if you have any information that could help me find her...
Thank you,
Dusty DiMellio