Advertisements
Advertisements
My wife and I are CC and we are about to adopt a BR (AA/CC) child in March and we would like to have a little insight into the challenges that we will face such as people's attitudes, hair, skin care, etc...
I have a little guy who is BR. I keep cocoa butter on his elbows and knees or they turn grey. I also use coconut oil on his hair to keep it shiny.
I was at the store one day when I first got him and asked some AA women what they would recommend and that is what they told me to use.
As far as attitudes, I haven't had any problems with that, but there are several BR people in my community.
BTW: Welcome to the forums.
Advertisements
I'm a caucasion mom to a beautiful BR daughter. She's nine years old now. I have blue eyes and a fair complexion, so I can tell you that I get double takes from folks when I'm out with my daughter and foster children (who are AA). But honestly, good folks will smile once they see your happy family. closed minded folks will shake their head in disgust. I've never gotten any bad or rude remarks from anyone.
I was nervous at first when we decided to adopt a BR child. I'm so white and I've always been concious of that. But now I have no problems hugging and kissing my beautiful children. I'm proud of my family. You'll feel the same way too.
Relax and enjoy parenthood!