Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I are going to our first "learning about adoption" seminar tonight and we feel so over whelmed.
This is the first board I've found that's got local people on it and I was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for a fellow NJ couple looking to start. I'm already starting to doubt myself after I tried calling the state and the woman called me a crazy racist (boy I wish I'd gotten her name)
Thank you in advance.
Advertisements
I am from NJ and was adopted in 1985. My parents went through a private adoption. They hired a lawyer who helped them find a birth mother. My dad did say that the state got involved... they had to appear in court and have a social worker come to the house... only in NJ would the state get involve in a PRIVATE affair...
I know this isn't a lot of information, but I hope it has helped a bit...
Hi! My husband and I are starting, too. We have already picked an agency. It's a NJ based agency. It seems to fit what we would like and we hope it works out well. Good luck to you. We have our first meeting after sending our application in tomorrow. If I learn anything new about NJ adoption I'll post!