Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I were just told that we would probably be going to the Tver region unless we have some objection to that specific area. Has anyone out there adopted from Tver? What are the orphanages like? Children? etc.
HI,
My daughter is from the Tver region. Our adoption was completed 3 yr. ago this fall. So it's not that long ago.
From what I understand there are quite a few orphanages dispersed throughout the region. I think different adoption agencies work with different regions. IF you want to send me a PM through here you can or you can email me at my home email
thebabyfat@optonline.net
I wish you all the best! Tver was a good region and it was nice because you didn't have to deal with intercountry travel either.
Amy K, NJ
Advertisements
Our daugther is from TVER. Great region. Safe to walk around day and night. Great outdoor flea market, shopping mall with grocery store and the main hotel (can't think of the name at this moment) has good food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Make sure you get a massage at the hotel. Back in 2005 it was $40 US for a hour and a half! Well worth it. They also have internet access. TVER is only 2.5-3 hour drive from Moscow or St. Pettersburg.
Congrats
Hotel Osnabruk :) We were there last year -Beautiful children, Beautiful Town, Very nice people and fun museums!
My beautiful daughter is from Konakovo. She is a great kid. My experience is old - we have been home over 6 years. Tver is paperwork intensive, but easy to get to. Let me know if you are heading to Konakovo.
Advertisements
That was the hotel we were at. I spent many nights at the pool down in the basement there.
Amy K, NJ
Amy, thank you for the information from one Jersey girl to another. I don't know much about the Tver region. Where did you stay?
you may also want to post on the Tver Yahoo group. See who is traveling soon and get recommendations for places to eat and stay.
Good luck!
Hi Girldragonfly,
I hope you are well. Like the above posters we stood at the Hotel Osnabrouck. We also liked it a lot. They had modern amenities and it is a western-style hotel. There was another hotel int he area that one of the couples got stuck at(I think the Osnabrouck ran out of rooms for some reason) and I heard that this other hotel was much more inferior.
I am always glad to talk. I didnt know are local. Feel free to PM me. I can speak to you via phone or email if you have questions along the way.
Happy Holidays!
Amy K, NJ
Advertisements