Advertisements
Advertisements
Part of the adoption assistance program in my state is a special service payment program. Has anyone ever requested a received something like this? If so what specifically was the special service you requested payment for?
Here is the definition of the program I copied from the NACAC website: 'Special Service Payment Program that is a one-time only payment or a payment made on a time-limited basis if the specific need cannot be met by another available resource, such as Medicaid, the monthly support payment, etc. The program has a limit of six months and a maximum cost of $1,000. Plans of longer duration or over $1,000 require central office approval.'
Advertisements
Sunnyrobins,
My AW told me that you can use it for anything the child needs that would make their life easier. For her example she used a bed. On my paperwork, it says something "No orthodontic services or vision therapy." I think she mentioned something like if there is a conference out of state that you think you or your child could benefit from. I'll have to look at my notes tonight.