Advertisements
Advertisements
I am so glad that I found this sub-forum.
But are there any that focus on the issues that women face when deciding to adopt alone?
Thanks
I don't know but if you find one ... please share. This one is not active and focuses on issues that don't pertain to the single mom that adopted ( that I've noticed anyway).
Advertisements
yes women face many problems when deciding to adopt alone because of tough rules.
[url=http://www.autismchildparenting.com]How Does Autism Affect Children[/url]
Of course a women alone also can adopt even if she is single. If anyone does it then it will be a appreciable work.
Kids are like us; imperfect. And they are going to do things that are seemingly directed right at us. Your child might stare you down and defiantly say "NO". He might not listen to your words of wisdom because he would rather do things his own way. Your daughter might even get pregnant, even though she knows how much it will hurt you.
[URL=http://www.newbornchild.net]newborn child[/URL]
Advertisements
I think there are many problem being suffered by single mother. Single mothers tend to suffer from a feeling of rootlessness and lack of identity after divorce/ widowhood. Financial crises is one of the standing situation with most of the single mother. Single mothers soon discover that there is little place for them among married couples.
mona1
I am so glad that I found this sub-forum.
But are there any that focus on the issues that women face when deciding to adopt alone?
Thanks
yes and no i would say, simply because birth moms dont always want a single mom for their child
Look for the Single Adoptive Parent Support forum here on a.com. I think this is what you're looking for! It's a great source of support and education.
supermommy
yes and no i would say, simply because birth moms dont always want a single mom for their child
There may be some who don't want to choose a single mother but many of us single women HAVE been chosen. This statement is just not true. If you visit the above forum I mentioned you'll find a lot of single adoptive moms.
ETA: OOps, I now see that this is a very old thread. If the OP sees this and hasn't already found the Single Parent Support boards feel free to check it out.
Advertisements
PamillaAnderson
I think there are many problem being suffered by single mother. Single mothers tend to suffer from a feeling of rootlessness and lack of identity after divorce/ widowhood. Financial crises is one of the standing situation with most of the single mother. Single mothers soon discover that there is little place for them among married couples.
My goodness - I have never seen such drivel. :yoda: It is really sad that a female would feel rootless and have a lack of identity simply by being a single parent. Of course, if you are talking about a teenager then I can only imagine the challenges of being a single parent. I'm sure after a divorce or being widowed there is some of that at play but there are many, many happy successful, emotionally and financially secure single parents (male and female):thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: . I love being a parent - yes, I would like to meet a man who I would like to spend the rest of my life with but my life is quite fulfilled, rest asured. :drive:
It is not reasonable to assume all married couples will stay married, nor should it be presumed all singles will forever remain single. Instead advocates for adoption by single women note an individual's character, strength and potential parenting capacity are better considered in providing a child with an adoptive home.